Buddhist Temple Worship

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by JustinD, Sep 5, 2005.

1. This women held incense to her forehead as she chanted something. Didn't know where exactly to put it - but since I wanted to share this image I thought I'd stick it in here! Comments welcome.

Yonhegongworshipper2.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  2. Good use of DOF here but would have liked to see the lady from the front or side. You have done well with the composition making an interesting shot.

3. The blurred background was actully done in post, Gordon. I taught myself, with the help of Monty Dog and Google, to use layers and whatnot to select the woman and blur the rest of it. The original has pretty much everything in focus much to the detriment of the image. See this thread - https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=53898

As for the perspective - It felt kind of weird getting in the faces of those worshipping - I guess it's time for a longer lens!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi justin-

i like the view from the back, it turns the photo into a graphic. since you've already manipulated the photo, try lightening the area around the incense to make them stand out more.

ricky