Buddy Guy concert (5 Pictures)

Shot a series of photos at the Buddy Guy concert last night for an assignment. Challenging light, but here are some examples:

143359471-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

143321855-L.jpg

143361579-L.jpg

143359753-L.jpg

143317932-L.jpg

R

Rick Waldroup

These are excellent. Especially 2 and 4. But all of them are great. I saw him in New Orleans a few years back. He puts on a great show.

In my opinion, they're all nice images, and well composed. However I prefer three and five because the over-exposure on his guitar that I find so distracting in one, two and four is under much better control in these two shots.

In my opinion, they're all nice images, and well composed. However I prefer three and five because the over-exposure on his guitar that I find so distracting in one, two and four is under much better control in these two shots.

Definitely in agreement with you on the overexposure issue. It was a challenging lighting situation to say the least... not to mention my angle of the shoot. I appreciate the feedback.

nice shots!
i like 4 the best because of the purple/red colours

what kind of setting/gear did you use to shoot this series if you don't mind me asking? i find i get a lot of noise from my D200/50 1.8/no flash when shooting concerts

nice shots!
i like 4 the best because of the purple/red colours

what kind of setting/gear did you use to shoot this series if you don't mind me asking? i find i get a lot of noise from my D200/50 1.8/no flash when shooting concerts

I used two cameras (d200 and d80). On the D200 I had a Sigma 75-200 f2.8 and on the D80 I had a Nikon 50mm f1.4. I kept the setting on program mode for the most part. ISO was at 800 on one camera and 1000 on the other.

I had been doing most of my concert photography prior to this with a D50 in manual mode, and quite frankly found that it was easier to shoot the low light stuff with the less expensive camera. I'm still trying to find the right settings for the D200 and D80.

yeah i was thinking of picking up a used D50 just for concerts .. a D2H is out of my range right now

i'll tinker around with my D200 and hopefully i can find a setting that's good in low light

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom