Buddy Times Two...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Jul 12, 2007.

1. I'm currently interested in doing some people shots. So here goes the first couple of many to come. This is my good neighbor Buddy - a great guy and photographer.

Bessa R3a and 90mm Apo-Lanthar lens
  2. I was just going to ask you to post some shots with your new 90mm lens.
    The first is good!

How do you like the lens?
  3. Well, as you can see the 90 is certainly sharp enough! But, I think the 75 suits my personal view better. I might end up selling the 90. Right now I looking at getting either a 24 or 28. And yes I much prefer the first shot. I think the second needs to be toned down a little.
  4. If you own the 40, I think the 75 will be much more suitable.
    The second shot would be much better if the background was different.
  5. Ned, I sold the 40 - just like the Nikon 45P, it was just too small for my hands! And you're right about the second shot- it'll get s**t canned!
  6. Sold? So what's your lens setup now?
    And how do you like the Bessa system and its shooting style and imagery it delivers?
  7. Right now I have the 50 Nokton, the 75 and the 90. My problem as far as a wide angle is concerned is deciding on a Voigtlander or saving up for a Zeiss 24. A guy locally here is selling a black Zeiss 24 for $800! I really like the rangefinder experience. Eventually, though I would like to get either a Leica or a Zeiss - still the wide base Bessa R4 looks good, too.
  8. the frame filling of the first, and the rendering of the background is much more pleasing, in comparison to the second, but both do the figure justice.