Budget fast tele zoom recommendation for Z6

Thank you, does anyone know if this works with the tamron lenses as well, or just the Nikkors. I understand the literature says nikkor, but I wouldn't expect them to advertise that other lenses will work well. I know the tamron tap in lets you update their firmware, so if it's possible to update via that, I would think/hope it's either already working or would soon. provided nikon isn't blocking it somehow.

as for the scan banding, yeah, I had seen some of that with someone who shot a concert. The theater I have shot the most stuff with uses rgb leds for almost all their lights, which pose their own problems even without rolling shutters. I'll probably test it with silent shutter, to see if it's possible, but even the normal shutter will be significantly quieter than the D700.
Good question about the tamron - I have no idea. Since Nikon apparently neither shares nor publishes their interfaces I have serious doubts that Tamron can effectively interact with the Nikon firmware for combined VR/IBIS.
Reverse engineering is a pain.

A couple things - From the Nikon literature
"NIKKOR lenses that already have VR, like the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR, get the added benefit of roll axis for a total of 3-axis VR. Just add the optional Mount Adapter FTZ and you’re good to go."
So the Z series do take advantage of both VR and IBIS,

That is cool.
The lens VR handles H and V movement, and the IBIS the roll.
So the camera must somehow know the lens has VR active, in order to disable the H and V stabilization in the IBIS.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom