bug shots

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by VPT, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Hi everyone,

I was sick during the last two weeks. Just felt better yesterday. Here are some new macro shots which were taken in my garden. Hope you like them.

untitled67_r_2743.

untitled59_r_1445.

untitled47_r_2197.

2. Those are really nice Vinh, what are you using for lighting?

Martin

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent captures Vinh. Which lens?

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Sorry to hear you were sick. This is a good series of shot. My favorite is the last one.

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    I also would like some more details on the equipment used. Nice shots for sure.

7. Thank you for your nice comments. I am now fully recovered.
    The first one and the second one were taken with D2H + Micro 70-180mm + SB-800. 1/250s F/8

The last one was taken with D70s + Micro 70-180mm + SB-800. 1/100s F/16
    I always focus using AF mode.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Really nice shots, Vihn. Glad you are feeling better.

9. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
    VPT very nice shots thanks for giving lens and settings used. I see great shots here on Nikon Cafe and when lens, speed & f stop is given lets me try settings out with lens I have so far. Also helps with thought process what should be the next lens to save up for in the future.
    Neil

10. Vinh,

You are using my favorite lens! These images are fantastic. I am also glad to hear that you are fully recovered. I look forward to more imagery. Thank you for sharing your settings too. Hmm, D2H huh? I hadn't thought of that... :lol:

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Crystall,

I don't want to be the one to egg you on or anything (yeah, right ;-)), but you would be absolutely amazed by what the D2H (or even better, the D2Hs or the D2X) can do. The D70 is an excellent cam, but once you shoot with a D2 you will be spoiled. 8)

12. I'm with Frank on that one. The D2H is an amazing camera.

13. I was really really afraid of that! Keith is looking into one for me right now on the Fredmiranda site! Okay, so it becomes D2H or Beast... :lol:

14. I have to agree with Frank and Gordon that the D2H is an amazing camera. I'm using both D2H and D70s. The D70 is also an excellent camera, but some case, especially when I shot macro, it can not focus. I have been thinking about D2Hs but not sure if it is worth.

15. Thanks Leigh. :D