Building offshore

Storm clouds building offshore of St Simons Island on a hot summer day in July.

Z7 24-70mm @ 70mm 1/100 F11

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Better to see those clouds from onshore than in a boat offshore. I speak from experience.
Yes been there also...Back in early 60's traveling from New York to Santos, Brazil on the Moore-McCormack ocean liner SS Brasil we skirted a hurricane of the windward islands. Ship was said to be one of the few at that time with stabilizers to keep the ship from rocking. All I can remember is that it was still a rough ride. They enclosed the decks with plastic/vinyl curtains to keep the decks somewhat dry which worked to some extent.. but still lots of passengers trying to get fresh air were still trowing up all over the place. Several years later made the trip back stateside on the SS Argentina, without incident..

We also made the trip in 65 aboard the Italian liner Raffaello from New york to Genoa, Italy when we moved to Switzerland. We brought along our 65 Mustang, It was really cool seeing all the attention it would get even when parked alongside Ferrari's and Jaguars. We had to have new hubcaps shipped in as the swiss government felt that the spinner hubcaps posed a danger to women wearing skirts due to narrow roads.

Wow! Great image. Excellent composition. Really conveys well the sense of scale.
Thanks Walter... Normally we get more hazy conditions , but on occasion we will get what I call tropical skies and that build up of thunderstorms on late summer afternoons. Much like Fl about an hour south of St Simons.

Great shot!
Thank you Louis. Storms stayed offshore so we never did get wet.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom