Bunt on Bat .... and other goodies

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Harry Lavo, Jul 4, 2007.

1. I finally got my first ball-on-the-bat...assuming that bunts count!:smile:

[​IMG]
    1/250s f/4.2 at 100.0mm

A week and a half ago I posted some pics from Newport, some of which were of the Holyoke Giants pitcher. Here is that same pitcher again last night, huffin' and puffin' his way through another six and a half innings of one-run ball (the Giants finally won 3-2 in the top of the ninth when the right fielder threw a one-hop strike to the third baseman, Keeping the potential winning runner from stretching the hit from first to third and creating the third out).

[​IMG]
    1/750s f/5.6 at 300.0mm

And here's one I just like....the confident anticipation of the first baseman combined with the hell-bent-for-leather drive of the baserunner.

[​IMG]
    1/1000s f/5.6 at 300.0mm

The apatures are high because I am still being forced to use my backup Sigma 70-300 rather than the Nikon 80-200 which is still in the shop.

Thanks for looking. C&C are always welcome.

2. mdupont

mdupont

Jun 12, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    Very nice Larry.
    Im taking my son to the the Potomac Nationals Sunday. We have front row seats next to the dugout. Im hoping to get some good pictures.

Mike

3. I see improvement in the images you share here, keep up the good work.

4. Thanks, Mike, and good luck with the weather...bet your son will love it. As for the the pics, I look forward to seeing some of them here.

5. Thanks, Brooks...that means a lot to me....I'm working at it. Have learned a lot here, and am teaching myself some things along the way. But you know what they say....the more you know, the more you know you don't know!:smile: