Burglary coincidence ?

Do you think it is a coincidence if someone can get burgled in exactly the same way 6 years apart ? It happened to me yesterday but luckily the lessons I had learnt 6 years ago saved me and the thieves got away with nothing this time although in desperation caused a lot of damage. It was deja vu when I reached the site and specially when I replayed the CCTV , (the full incident is caught on camera but it was pitch dark and the faces are hardly visible and the guys were wearing masks also). Six years ago they were not caught and this time also they will get away. Could it be the same group and if so why did they take so long to hit me again ? It makes me really sad when ones hard earned money is targeted , its really not fair.

Sorry that happened.

It is possible it maybe the same crew, but not likely. You might just live in a target rich enviornment. At least you learned from the first time your burgled. Too many people never learn.

Sorry to hear about this. Is this a business location? Hopefully you are covered and protected from loss and damage.

Sorry to hear about this. Is this a business location? Hopefully you are covered and protected from loss and damage.

Thanks for your kind workds, Yes it is a business location. Jan and Feb have been very bad months economically due to the cold weather and crime has been rampant in these parts. Atleast every week we hear of something or the other , generally armed holdups :-(

Calumet Photographic store in Oakbrook, Illinois was recently robbed. Nikon gear was the target.

La Grange Camera was hit about a year back. They went for the display of Pro Nikon gear not wasting time with consumer stuff.

So Just Maybe there is a market for hot Nikon professional gear.

It would do you well to make the Nikon stuff difficult to find and some nice film cameras from the flea market very easy.

Lots of small things which really irritated everyone in the office as in entailed slightly more time before closing. What I had learnt after the first robbery was that whatever you do and however well you secure your place, if you have been targeted the burglars will get in. What you need is to buy time. Every second you gain is in your favour. Thieves will not spend more than 3-4 min in a alarmed environment . The first thing which probably helped me most was that I started locking all internal doors between rooms so that access from one room to the other was not possible without a key. This time the thieves could not get access to the lights in the room and hence had to work in total darkness which set them aback. They could have broken the door and accessed the lights but that was an additional few seconds which they did not have. Also the last time they had broken into the office in less than a minute. This time it took them 2 minutes due to excess bolts around the windows shutters. Many other small things which had irritated my staff over the last six years, but today they are all smiling. But frankly speaking I am not happy as I am sure they will come back again as the first time they had got away with quite a packet.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom