Burnham-on-Sea Lighthouse Sunset

Three from a long drive to Burnham-on-Sea to catch the sunset:

1. As the sun starts to dip below the cloud....
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. ....and appears between the cloud and horizon.....

3. .....and down it's gone!

Comments welcome :smile:

I am in agreement with Eric, I do like the starburst effect of No.1 but I do not like the visual design. What I consider important in this photograph is the building and the sunset, not the sky. I would have come closer to crop that sky in camera and concentrate viewer's attention on the subject.
No. 2 is very good. Here a variation would be to darken the picture to make the building a silhouette and saturate colors. During editing I try on my files shade WB to make the picture warmer, it works many times, it is a matter of taste.
The last one is a copy of the first one showing an uninteresting high sky. I would have come closer to crop the uninteresting sky in camera or better yet, a horizontal shot, perhaps with a wide angle close to the building to emphasize the colors in the sky while cropping in camera the uninteresting sky above.
These are only my observations based on my photographic style, yours could be totally different and nothing wrong with that.
They are beautiful shots after all.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone :smile:

I am in agreement with Eric, I do like the starburst effect of No.1 but I do not like the visual design. What I consider important in this photograph is the building and the sunset, not the sky. I would have come closer to crop that sky in camera and concentrate viewer's attention on the subject.
No. 2 is very good. Here a variation would be to darken the picture to make the building a silhouette and saturate colors. During editing I try on my files shade WB to make the picture warmer, it works many times, it is a matter of taste.
The last one is a copy of the first one showing an uninteresting high sky. I would have come closer to crop the uninteresting sky in camera or better yet, a horizontal shot, perhaps with a wide angle close to the building to emphasize the colors in the sky while cropping in camera the uninteresting sky above.
These are only my observations based on my photographic style, yours could be totally different and nothing wrong with that.
They are beautiful shots after all.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.
Thanks for the suggestions William. I can see where you're coming from here. How's these?

Top Bottom