1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Burning RAW and jpeg to DVD

Discussion in 'PC/Windows/Linux' started by c6530, Aug 8, 2009.

1. c6530

c6530

Aug 15, 2008
    Norway
    I am barely literate when it comes to computers, so hope there is somebody out there with the patience to help me.

Given that there was no alternative, I offered to photograph the wedding of a middleaged couple - just them and a couple of witnesses present, with me playing a harmonium!

Since I am a) inexperienced and b) lazy when it comes to PP, I thought it would be a good idea to burn both the RAW and jpeg photos to disc so that they have the possibility to produce better images if they so wish. I have just done some basic sharpening to the jpegs, but have left the RAW files alone.

But, though I can display both formats in ViewNX and CaptureNX2, I can see no reference to burning to disc. All I see is Export camera/file information, which is presumably not the same thing.

Of course, I can burn from Windows Media Player or Windows Photogallery, but it is presumably only the jpegs that are displayed there.

Is there any way to burn the RAW files to DVD, and if so, how is it done?!

I have Vista home premium.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Jaytron

Jaytron

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    I think in Vista you can just drag and drop files to burn it correct? I know you can in XP.

Although if they have no experience editing pictures at all, it may be a lost cause.

3. c6530

c6530

Aug 15, 2008
    Norway
    Thanks. Couldn't see how this could be done since NX2 fills the screen and there's nowhere to drag a photo to. But I have just tried again and discovered that with WMedia player open underneath, I can move in the r.h. side of NX2 to expose the burn list, then drag the thumbnails over! Like I said, barely literate when it comes to computers.

I assume though that there are other (better?) programmes that can be used for burning from ViewNX or NX2.

I have no idea whether the couple in question know anything about PP, but may be they know somebody who does - it at least gives them the option if they have the RAW files

4. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

1. Close NX2 and any other programs.
    2. Run Computer - this shows you the files on your disk.
    3. Find out where the files are that you want to burn.
    4. Put a blank disk in the drive.
    5. Select the Mastered option.
    6. Drag the files onto the drive.
    7. There is then an option to burn the disk. Without doing it I can't remember what this looks like.

Hope this helps.

5. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS
    you do your burning after all post processing
    then you can just drag a whole file folder over and burn it (as long as it is not more Mb / GB than your disk will hold......)............
    Truly tho i prefer actual burnig software like Roxio Creative Suite as it gives me the option of how to finalize my disks......finalze just for this computer (extremely sensitive data and files)......finalize to be read on any computer - not sensitive at all..............

But now that HDD are so dang cheap I no longer burn to any type of CD/DVd......I use a 3 or 4 tier hdd storage system.....HDD1 is my working drive...mounted in computer......HDD's 1A,1B & 1C are my back ups.....and I use scottt kelbys method of archiving my files...by date and heavily keyworded in Lightroom (also copyrighted with my contact infor as well).......then once a week or so I drag the file folder over to the back ups drive and drop and then tell it to overwrite everything.....yup wastes time but I am sleeping as it is doing this so I don't care and i do not have to keep up with where the new files are......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.