Burning to cd/dvd images

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WHISTLING_WINGS, Aug 20, 2008.

1. What does everyone use to burn photo's to cd? I have vista OS and it's a pain.
    Any suggestions?

Darrell

2. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    I use the free-ware CDBurnerXP. It works fine for me, but I run it on XP. Not sure how it'll work with Vista, sorry.

3. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    For photos, I use the supplied Roxio Creator Basic. For video, I use a combination of Windows Movie Maker and DVD Maker.

4. BurnAware Free Edition - does everything I need

5. Picasa, It's free and easy. Check it out.

6. For CD's I use Roxio -- For DVD's I found "Memories on TV" is a great software package that has wonderful visual effects and is easy to use.

PaulC

7. Thanks too all for replying, I don't think I stated what I want clearly.

I want to burn as a way of backing up images so I don't loose them if my pc craps out.

Any suggestions? I could not find either program that would just burn them, most seemed to want mp3's.

Darrell

8. shaocaholica

shaocaholica

Jul 21, 2008
    LA
    Why not get a portable HD or two. Easier to manage than 100s of CDs/DVDs.

9. Roxio will let you just move files (photos) to a DVD...and will help you to span multiple volumes if you have too many.

10. Kamil

Kamil

Oct 28, 2007
    Oman
    I use Photoshop Elements for catalog & viewing my photos. It also has a backup utility which I've used for several years now.

11. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
    NERO 7 ultra.
    Soooo much better then Roxio!

12. I agree.

EXt. HDs are cheap now, burning and filing was a great deal of work, then there was the issue of storage, with CDs holding only 700MB . I was burning 2 copies for separate site storage. Now use 3 Hds, keep one to work from, and store the others at my children's homes. problem solved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.