Burning to cd/dvd images

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WHISTLING_WINGS, Aug 20, 2008.

1. What does everyone use to burn photo's to cd? I have vista OS and it's a pain.
    Any suggestions?

Darrell

2. Ruff Draft

Ruff Draft

Sep 2, 2007
    Michigan
    I use the free-ware CDBurnerXP. It works fine for me, but I run it on XP. Not sure how it'll work with Vista, sorry.

3. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    For photos, I use the supplied Roxio Creator Basic. For video, I use a combination of Windows Movie Maker and DVD Maker.

4. BurnAware Free Edition - does everything I need

5. Picasa, It's free and easy. Check it out.

6. For CD's I use Roxio -- For DVD's I found "Memories on TV" is a great software package that has wonderful visual effects and is easy to use.

PaulC

7. Thanks too all for replying, I don't think I stated what I want clearly.

I want to burn as a way of backing up images so I don't loose them if my pc craps out.

Any suggestions? I could not find either program that would just burn them, most seemed to want mp3's.

Darrell

8. shaocaholica

shaocaholica

Jul 21, 2008
    LA
    Why not get a portable HD or two. Easier to manage than 100s of CDs/DVDs.

9. Roxio will let you just move files (photos) to a DVD...and will help you to span multiple volumes if you have too many.

10. Kamil

Kamil

Oct 28, 2007
    Oman
    I use Photoshop Elements for catalog & viewing my photos. It also has a backup utility which I've used for several years now.

11. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
    NERO 7 ultra.
    Soooo much better then Roxio!

12. I agree.

EXt. HDs are cheap now, burning and filing was a great deal of work, then there was the issue of storage, with CDs holding only 700MB . I was burning 2 copies for separate site storage. Now use 3 Hds, keep one to work from, and store the others at my children's homes. problem solved.