Burr Point Utah

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Kevinlee, May 2, 2007.

1. Well, I just completed my long trek through Utahs southern canyon country. I drove from Vegas to an hour south of the town of Hanksville (pop 300 including cats and dogs). This place lies at the end of an 11 mile rocky, dirt and sand road. That is me on the edge. Its a 2000ft drop to the dirty devil river that goes into Lake Powell further south. I went alone and slept in the jeep I had rented. The trip had fantastic weather.

DSC_2534.

2. Beautiful area. Glad the wind wasn't at your back!

3. Quiet Eye

Quiet Eye

Apr 21, 2006
    North Alabama
    I remember Hanksville, I would have lunch in Hanksville almost every day for a month, one month a year for 4 years. I was on a team that monitored the launch of the Army's Pershing missile into White Sands from Gilson Butte (about half way between Hanksville and Green River). I fished for big, brown trout in that nasty, Dirty Devil River.

That was before Canyon Lands became a national park. I flew in small aircraft, drove 4 wheeled vehicles, rode horseback, and hiked through a large part from Paige AZ to Blanding UT to Moab to Green River To Hanksville, and had a great time.

4. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    Nice shot, Kevin.

Did you, by any chance, get down to Horeshoe Canyon, in the Maze section of the Canyonlands?