Burrowing Owl

Discussion in 'Birds' started by huskey8, May 9, 2005.

1. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    On my way to take Carl to school I spotted this little guy about 25 feet off the side of the road he is the South Fl Burrowing Owl. Him and his mate found some exposed sand where a car had hit a telephone pole support wire. They exploited this and have dug the burrow back maybe 3-4 feet quite job for these guys. In the community where I live people treat them very well putting little roofs over their burrows and trying to protect them whenever they can. Ive put a big pile of home depot sand in my back yard but so so far the only thing it has attracted is my son and daughter. Please let me know what you think about my photo.

[​IMG]

2. Richard, you must have good eyes to spot him against this background.

Nice pic, you've really got the challenging look in his eyes.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Richard,

Excellent shot. I too am amazed that you saw this guy. He's pretty well camouflaged. I'm glad to hear that folks are helping to protect these beautiful little creatures. Maybe some hope for us after all. 8)

Was this taken with the X or the 828. If the X, which lens?

4. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Frank

It was with the x and the 28-70

5. Nice shot Richard. I love it when I learn something new!! Thanks for the info too!! :D :D :D

6. Great capture of a sometimes elusive little being. Love the look on his face.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Terrific shot.

He does blend soooo well, yet you made him stand out.
    the eyes have it for sure.

thanks for sharing the great info on this litle family. Will look foward to the little ones, if you can get them..