Burrowing Owl

On my way to take Carl to school I spotted this little guy about 25 feet off the side of the road he is the South Fl Burrowing Owl. Him and his mate found some exposed sand where a car had hit a telephone pole support wire. They exploited this and have dug the burrow back maybe 3-4 feet quite job for these guys. In the community where I live people treat them very well putting little roofs over their burrows and trying to protect them whenever they can. Ive put a big pile of home depot sand in my back yard but so so far the only thing it has attracted is my son and daughter. Please let me know what you think about my photo.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Richard,

Excellent shot. I too am amazed that you saw this guy. He's pretty well camouflaged. I'm glad to hear that folks are helping to protect these beautiful little creatures. Maybe some hope for us after all. 8)

Was this taken with the X or the 828. If the X, which lens?

Terrific shot.

He does blend soooo well, yet you made him stand out.
the eyes have it for sure.

thanks for sharing the great info on this litle family. Will look foward to the little ones, if you can get them..

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom