Bushkill Falls in the Poconos - Final

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Vienna Pics, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Bushkill Falls in the Poconos bill themselves as ‘The Niagara of Pennsylvania’.

Bridal Veil Falls:

[​IMG]

Bridal Veil Falls Trail:

[​IMG]

Bridesmaid's Falls:

[​IMG]

2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A nice series of images of something so different from my surroundings. A welcomed break :)

3. Mark, nice job on these. I usually head up to the Jersey side of the Delaware Water Gap in the fall. There are a few nice falls up there and you don't have to pay to see them. Looks like you picked the ideal shutter speed to give the falls that silky look.

4. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thnk you very much.

Thank you Rich - maybe we could coordinate a trip some time. I get up to Easton where I grew up.

5. wonderful images!

6. Sounds good to me. The colors, along with the falls, make for some great photo ops.

7. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thanks Dave!

I got some nice shots with the colors from the dam Jim showed us at Conowingo - I find the color really adds to the water.

8. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Great series.
    I much prefer the silky look of water over the cotton candy look

9. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you Kevin - I agree - a slight change in shutter setting can really change the look of a water fall.

10. idelsoni

idelsoni Guest

11. rwm1300n

rwm1300n

Mar 27, 2006
    Western NY
    Ira,

Can't agree more. I visited Rickett's Glen S.P. in May and was so struck by the beauty of these falls that I intend to return in the fall with the intent to capture them with autumn foliage. To say the trail is "challenging" is an understatement. LOL. Here are a couple of my favorites.

580484179_ea23d43327_b.

580484301_c9ebb9fb7c_b.

12. Mark

Love the colors in your second image! Nice shots!

13. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Yes, I know about Ricketts - I have printed out the maps and it is on my todo list! Now I just have to todoit!

14. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    I would love to try to get there when the leaves are turning but I think I have overbooked the fall already - where did the summer go?? Yes - I agree they are favorites! Well done!

15. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you Dan.

16. idelsoni

idelsoni Guest

Bushkill Falls/Ricketts Glen

Bob, I love the 2 shots of Rickett's Glen that you've posted - especially the second one. If you ever go back to RG, try to get a cabin in the park. You can book it through the park's website. There are only a few and they fill up fast so you must book way in advance. The cabins can be booked up to 11 months in advance.

Ira

17. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    The interesting thing with these shots are that the are taken from above which adds a nice perspective to the shot.

18. Hmmm...great stuff. Do I hear a fall photo trip to the falls? Depending on how the weather behaves and when the fall colors start to hit, I'm gonna have to pick a date to head up there. Anyone up for it?

19. I'm planning to spend a day at Bushkill later this week with two other photographers. Any suggestions?