Bushkill Falls in the Poconos - Part 1

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Vienna Pics, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Bushkill Falls in the Poconos bill themselves as ‘The Niagara of Pennsylvania’. I would like to go back after a heavy rain to see what they look like.

Bridesmaid's Falls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Main Falls

[​IMG]

Bridal Veil Falls Trail

[​IMG]

2. Very nice composition and exposures. I'm guessing about 1/4 - 1/2 second shutter speed - right?

3. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you - in order: 1/10, 1/10, 1/20, 1/10

4. Very nice- I enjoyed the first one particularly.

5. Nice series Mark. Next time you venture up this way, give me a shout (or pm). I'm always game for a trip to the Delaware Water Gap and/or the Bushkill Falls area for a shoot. Fall is a particularly nice time to visit BTW.

6. Mark,

Thanks for this presentation. I will be heading that way hopefully next weekend !

That time did you take those ? Would you recommend any specific time over the other ?

7. Mark -

I just drove by them this PM on way home from my son's house in the Pocono's. I grew up in PA and have visited most of the glens and falls in the state, and I think you have caught the rock and foliage colors just right. Next best thing to being there. Nice work.

8. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you.

I will - I would like to get up to some of the othe falls. Falls in the fall would be great.

We got there when they opened (9:00) - we were the second family through the gate. When we came out at 1:00, (we took the 4 hour loop) the place was packed. I would suggest not to go during a dry spell and I would make sure you have good shoes/sneakers/boots - it is a LOT of up and down stairs - rough stairs - It's not a walk in the park. Also, take some water. Also Rt 209 was a parking lot going North (we went south). Except for taking the photos, we were on the move the whole 4 hours.

Thank you - Pennsylvania does have a nice selection of falls and dams.

9. very nice set of images. sounds like a lot to go through with traffic and all but nice for your effort

10. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you Dave - it was easy to get there and get started first thing in the morning - it looks like traffic back up by noon time.