Business card help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firelarz, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    This is just a sample and the red,blue, and green dotted lines will not be there. What do you think of this card. I will be making a few of them. This is for portrait stuff, not a great one, but think it will do. BTW, those are my kids with my DIL in the front with the dog.

Larz

ps. I hope this works. Thanks Dave!

2. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    I would like to have a different color backround. I did have a cool card before, but don't remember what program I used. It had my photo as the backround and text over the top. I used the prograp at overnight prints for this.

3. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Ok, I think I remember how I did it, in CS2, DUH! What about this one?

4. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    One more. Give me your input...

5. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    One more,not sure if I like how this one came out.

6. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Nope, after seeing it on this site, you can't read the red very well.

7. Hey Larz
    Hate to interupt this conversation with your self ;~)) but I like the second one the best.
    Dave

8. Doc Savage

Doc Savage Guest

Larz,

I vote for the second one...Here's why...

1. The rose is absolutely exquisite.
    2. The idea to turn the card is really a good one, it forces the cardholder to turn the card and interact with it more thus keeping the attention.
    3. It's simple and to the point - remember the whole KISS idea.

You have a finite amount of time to capture and gain a customer. At first blush, the first couple of cards say to me - "Ahh, he made these himself, on a home printer..." The rose one makes me ask questions about the image, the rotation and finally, "what's the guys name again..." Poof, you have a customer!

BTW, if you are printing these yourself - get seamless paper. Avery makes a nice one, they are adhered to a slightly tacky backing, and just peel out once printed. The only ones I've ever seen that are completely clean edged...

Cheers,

Ian

9. Hello,

I just visited the Avery site and was unable to find seamless paper business cards. Have you a form number or any other information about this product?

I will throw in my vote for the card with the rose as being the best sample so far. For myself I would consider using a different font, maybe Minion Pro or a font in that family, but then I prefer more formal types of cards.

Take care.
    Donald

10. Larz:

I love the one with the rose. Dead on with that! The only thing I would personally change is the font for the text. I'm not too hip on the one there. I did a quick edit in PS CS2 and retyped the text using CENTURY GOTHIC.

Hope ya don't mind that I did that. Just trying to give you another pair of eyes and perspective. When I did my business card, I had 3 other friends look at it. I wound up going through about 8 edits before I was happy.

So, here it is...

[​IMG]

John

11. Donald,

Give Avery stock # 8373 a shot. They are "Print to the Edge" Ink Jet Glossy Photo Business Card sheets.

John

12. I made some business cards and printed them on 4x6 ilford Smooth Pearl.
    They are post card size with five photos and have been very well received.
    You may want to try it.

How about embossing the text on yours?
    In the text layer go to; layer>layer style>bevel and emboss

13. 557032020_c3b8304ab4_o.

This is Bickham Script Pro with the hoto is a smaller font, beveled.

14. Thanks, I'll give them a shot.

Take care.
    DOnald

15. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Dave, LOL. I do that alot, talk to myself. Thanks I like #2 also.

16. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Ian, thanks. I am actually going to use overnight prints. I have used them before and was happy with the quality they did last time.

17. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Thanks Donald, I was just messing around because I forgot how I made them last time, then when I remembered, I just went crazy and made a bunch, LOL.

18. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    John, not at all, without input where would we be? Thanks for taking the time to do that, I will look more into different fonts. I understand about 3 friends, thats why I posted here, so I could get a wide range of ideas. Keep looking back, I will have more. I want to get about 3 different cards for different occasions.

Larz

19. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Greg, thanks for the idea. Looks good. I will try some of those and see what happens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.