1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Business Card Opinions

Discussion in 'Making Money' started by Stanicmi, Aug 5, 2009.

1. 95% of my paid work comes in from Seton Hall, where I do sports and public events shots. I try and hand out my business cards at various events and sometimes to other photographers at events.

My current card:
    23lo8l2.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My new design:
    25ur7rr.jpg

I would like as much input as possible before making revisions, redesigning, and printing.

Thank you

2. I like it much better Milan. Do you plan to put the email address on the other side of the card? If not, I would add that to the front. Also, I would move all of the text in just a little so that it does not get cut off when printing. Nice clean design. These are the cards I prefer. Nicely done.

3. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS
    one thing regarding your email......for a really great impact you might want to get your email to match your website.....ie- Milan@stanicphotography.com or an INFO@stanicphotography.com ........ reason being that there just may be some arse out there that you po'ed on day and could cause you grief using your govt. issued email for personal business venture.........that would truly suck sweat from a porcupine ..........

I am having trouble deciding which one i like the best.........

4. Thank you Anthony and Art.

I will try to setup that separate email to avoid confusion.

5. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Both are nice and clean. Like said above I'd add an email address to the second one and preferably one like your website.

Is that your cell phone number ? I can't tell but I'd rather put that one than a landline number. You're always reachable with a cell number which is why you would put that number in the first place.

Not sure if the blue glow around the letters will render nicely in the print, I'd probably lose it.

6. Yes Julien, that is a cell number. I am actually thinking about putting my Google Voice number because it redirects calls and text messages but for the voicemails it actually transcribes them.

I showed the design to my brother and he claims its too plain.

The "look" that I am going for is one that people wont lose this business card, I want it to stand out but in a clean and professional way, I don't want something flashy.

7. If you have a google voice number and actually use it, that would for sure be your best bet.

8. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Whatever you do don't put photos (or just one photo). I find it practicaly always ends up being a litte tacky and just not very pro. A card is just there to give you the info not try to showcase your work.

Maybe a logo of some type on the second card, something to stand out. Why not use the camera but put it in white instead of black ?

9. I did the first but then read your message :biggrin:

sx12ir.jpg
    2gxivr6.jpg

10. Of course, it's JMHO, but I think you are going in the wrong direction with the latest one posted. I am not a huge fan of pictures, but I think those pictures will end up way too small and do nothing to sell your work.

11. Thank you Anthony, I appreciate the feedback, and frankly, I agree.

12. I would also recommend using a light background. If someone wants to write down a note about something you told them, a dark ink pen won't show up on a dark card very well. Also consider making sure at least one side is NOT glossy so that the ink pen will work on it. I made dark, glossy two-sided cards my first time out and people gave me that feedback. I wish I had considered that beforehand. Hope it helps you and others.

13. Good tip Walter, Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.