1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Business Card Try #2

Discussion in 'Making Money' started by Turbo V6 Camaro, Aug 19, 2009.

1. the other thread was too long to get any more input

so here is me taking everything that was posted in that thread and using it the the best i could.

please tell me what you think

[​IMG]

2. I really like your concept. My only suggestion/ opinion is to make your web address, name & email a little smaller font and center justified. I'd stck it at the bottom in a group to anchor the composition, maybe in the order of name, email, web address.

3. okay more like this?

[​IMG]

4. snipper

snipper

Mar 31, 2008
    toronto
    I am no expert but maybe a different font for bottom info and maybe a bit smaller yet. I love the image and the title, but it seems to be getting lost in the shuffle

5. Like this?

[​IMG]

6. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    I dont like the way the company name intrudes over the eye, Id just have this "straight" at the top

I think white text would work better too

If you have top line www.wideshutphotography.com then you dont need your web URL either

No phone number ?

Make email address font 50% of your name too

7. snipper

snipper

Mar 31, 2008
    toronto
    very good points...straight lines...clean..simple...the less clutter the better

8. so like this

[​IMG]

HAHA JUST KIDDING, i'm a very creative person...... hard to stay simple for me, but i'm trying

[​IMG]

9. see above

for the web address, all caps? all lower case?

10. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    caps are good the way you have it

make sure you align the writing on the left hand margin
    change the font so the email address is 50% your name
    add your phone number

11. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    and move the eye down a bit

12. can do i was warned about cliping in my other thread. how do I align but protect from this?

13. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    change the font of the URL so it fits with plenty of room, and then align to that I reckon

14. should this be 3.5x2 or 3x2?

15. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    err, dunno

16. Andrew, are you making a business out of photography or is it more of a hobby?

IMO I think that font is too smooth for the background image. I'd recommend looking at http://www.dafont.com/ for some sharper/more professional fonts.

17. It's a hobby that found interest. LOL - shooting HS sports

I also noticed the parents felt better when I talked with them and gave them my web address.

so these are just to make it easy and maby make a few bucks on the side......

18. front to crazy? I like it ans you can read it :cool: 

[​IMG]

19. I like this font much better, edgier & more creative. IMO I still think the size of your name & the phone # should be a bit smaller, maybe more like the email address.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.