Busy Day at the Bird Feeders

gvk

Another dusting of snow in the NE on Friday night (up to 2 inches here in NY) brought a huge crowd to our feeders today. Here are some shots. All were taken with the new 300 mm f/2.8, some with the TC-14E.

A Tufted Titmouse huddling against the icy wind while waiting to hop on the feeder.

127380968-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A Black-capped Chickadee about to start working on the safflower seed held between its toes.

127381031-O.jpg

A slate Dark-eyed Junko perching in a snowey Rhododendron bush.

127381092-O.jpg

A male House Finch munching on a sunflower seed.

127381190-O.jpg

Today was definitely a woodpecker day. At one time this morning there were 4 Downeys around the feeders, one male pecking at the suet log, while a male and a female were on opposite sides of the cage feeder, and another female was searching for food in a Japanese Maple tree while waiting her turn at the feeders. While two of the Downeys were still there a pair of Red-bellied Woodpeckers came by. The male got some suet from the cage feeder, and then while the female took her turn, he went pecking around in a tree.

127381303-O.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Robert Chesney

Great series you have here, :biggrin:
I really like the third one, but all are fantastic.

great job on all of the.. the junko is one of the best I have seen.. lots of shots of that one for me.. but non as good as yours..

gvk

Thanks for all the kind words. Yesterday was an exceptional day for bird photography. I got way more keepers than usual. Unfortunately, I did not do as well today. Details are in a new thread.

Latest threads

Top Bottom