Busy with the studio

Since it seems that spring is never going to come to Idaho this year, I've been busy taking some family portraits in the basement with my studio lights.

These two little girls are my two nieces' babies. My brother and his wife are so thrilled with these two little granddaughters that look about as opposite as can be.

I'm no professional, but am happy to do this for my relatives for free. The girls were pretty happy with these photos.

I love constructive criticism.

p385895221.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 865453

View attachment 865454

View attachment 865455

View attachment 865456

View attachment 865457

Real Name
Tony Admana
Terri,

Well done! I love it. Perfect background, great lighting, exposure is right on the money. How can anybody criticize such adorable cuties..... They both make me smile while looking:smile:

This is a great series! Lighting is well done! The last 2 are my faves.
The only thing I would change is on #1 to try and keep their eyes on the camera.
These will be timeless treasures for the families!

Terri - I think Tony said everything that needs to be said about these :smile: Well done,

Please tell me you DO charge some people? These look better than those cheesy kid studios all over the place. I'm not big on studio shots but everything about these is perfect.

Thanks, everyone for your kind compliments....and Stacey Lynn, I once had a hobby that I turned into a job and it became drudgery, so I don't charge anyone and only do portraits for people I am close to. It works out good for me for now. I refer people who ask me to do work for them to my daughter (photographymom on the cafe). Everyone is happy that way. It keeps photography fun for me!!

I got my studio lights for free. They are old and clunky, but work, so I don't have a lot invested in my studio gear.

Ditto what Stacey Lynn said. These are SO much better than the cookie cutter kiddie photo studio shots.

I just love the expression of the girl on the left in the first shot.

Don

Terri,

Well done! I love it. Perfect background, great lighting, exposure is right on the money. How can anybody criticize such adorable cuties..... They both make me smile while looking:smile:

Ditto what Stacey Lynn said. These are SO much better than the cookie cutter kiddie photo studio shots.

I just love the expression of the girl on the left in the first shot.

Don

Thanks, Don. I hope they are better than the kiddie studio shots. We spent a lot of time working on getting the kids to cooperate. The entire shoot took a couple of hours.

Children photography is not an easy task. It is difficult to pose them and more difficult to keep their attention. If children are not in the right mood, do not even dare to photograph.
You did very well and got some very nice expressions.
Congratulations!

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom