but it seemed so real!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TOLady, Sep 15, 2005.

1. When I first got into selling real estate, I'd have real estate dreams every night. Talk about waking up tired! :frown:

Well, last night, I had a dream where I had this big shoot. I take my 17-55/2.8 out of the case and low and behold the front element is covered in chips (as in stone chips, not potato chips), including a big one smack dab in the middle. Talk about upsetting! I could see my next commission cheque floating away towards a replacement!When I dream, I don't know I'm dreaming - I'm positive this is real life! My hands were shaking when I downed that first cup of coffee, I gotta tell ya! :eek:

2. So, have you looked at/hugged your 17-55 today????? :wink:

Could have been worse, the chips may have been Cow.....

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Sandi,

Don't you just hate those kinds of dreams. Mine are usually about getting chased by bad people with guns. I'm always glad to awake from those, and when I do have them, I usually get up and work on the computer or read for a while so that I don't go right back into the same nightmare. No dropped cam dreams yet. :rolleyes:

4. Yikes Sandi, that is not a fun dream. I had a couple come over last night to make the final selection of images and they ordered a bunch of them. I went to bed right after they left and all night I dreamed that I was charging them too much. In my dream they kept insisting that my charges were more than fair but I still kept feeling that I should reduce the amount owed. Perhaps that was a nightmare and not a dream. :smile:

5. So I'm not bonkers about having photography dreams, others have them too!!! LOL

Bill, I'll tell ya something really scary, I immediately got up and checked it!!! ("ahhh, you're ok then" and put my baby back in the Lowepro.) Pitiful, isn't it!!!

Frank, I couldn't imagine a dream about guns, ain't no getting away from those things. Yes, I'd stay up for a while too if I had a dream about that. Now I'm looking for a man who can have bad dreams about guns and run the vacuum cleaner while he can't sleep!! *LMAO* and if it gets close to 6am, bring me a cup of hot coffee while he's at it!!

Gordon, now you're talkin'!!! You're having the same kind of dreams as I am!!! I do envy those folks who say "oh I know it's just a dream and wake myself up!"
    I just want to dream of flying with my arms spread out over tropical islands watching the sun set, Freud wanna comment?????

6. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I think Freud just rolled over in his grave. I doubt he'd want to touch the bunch of us.......
    Youze guyz make my dreams look sane........and believe me, I have some doozies!!

7. Must be something in the WATER. I only have dreams of a beautiful young lady wanted to help to carry the equipment for the poor old man in a wheelchair trying to track birds with his D2h and 80-400mm VR!!

Hey hold on a minute that is PAM. Now that has got to be worth something when she returns from Mallorca!!!!!!!!

BW. Bob F.