Butt shot and Hairy.....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kramp, Aug 20, 2005.

1. 1/60 f4 wide open, heavy overcast, 1/32 manual fill flash, never know what I am going to get, lots of blurred pictures but some can be interesting.

Chestnut Backed Chickadee, well there are two butt feathers in focus...
    [​IMG]
    Hairy Woodpecker. One with motion, one with out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mrs. Squirrel, she is always fighting with the woodpeckers, we had a pair of flickers, a pair of Hairy's and a Downy at the feeder this morning.
    [​IMG]
    The feeder is big chunk of cedar I found on the beach that I drill 3/4" holes about four inches long and fill with a peanut butter mixture of nuts and seeds.

Comments, suggestions and crituque welcome.

Martin

2. OK Martin the first image is butt ugly; however, the others are cute as can be. Looking at image two I found my head bobbing up and down to try and catch the focus. Ahhhhh #3 relieved the tension in my neck. And then of course who can resist a squirrel image. Well done.

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Martin! Really like the squirrel. Image 2 can make you dizzy, but it sure does capture their natural actions.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Martin,

I love the first one for the great sharpness that you captured on those feathers..

Second one is great in showing how those creatures bang thier heads so fast.. Great capture..

Third..hummm Gee my head is tired, think I will stop for a monent and sharp as a tack :>)).

Mrs Squirell doesn't share nice :>))
    I'm getting mine first.

Love squirells. Great shot and she is adorable.

I truly appreaiate each image and expertly done.

Thanks

5. Gordon, Don and Gale thanks for the comments!

Martin

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Nice ones Martin.....!! :)

8. Nice job Martin! Whenever I look at photos posted at this great forum I always try to guess which Nikon camera was used and your shots fooled me...I guessed D2x! Gotta love that D70 :wink:

Anthony

9. great series Martin!! Cool first shot, and I like squirrels!!

10. I like the woodpeckers, Martin. Lots of action in the 1st woodpecker shot. Squirrel is nice too.

11. Thanks all for the comments, we had five Downy's and a Hairy at the feeder at the same time today, plus a Flicker in the front yard, I guess I should have been out there taking pictures. :)

Martin