1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

ButteLarose & Lake Martin S. LA

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kevin pyle, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Okay, I'm down to the nitty gritty with a 70-200 and 1.4 tc for birding, not much reach but a diehard from within. Here are a few from over the weekend using this combo on a D3. All shot from my newly aquired Tracker Panfish 16'. I sure miss the 120-300 2.8 w/2x TC that I recently sold to pay a few bills.
    Thanks for viewing.
    Kevin P.
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

2. You Did Great with that Lens In fact I really like that you left the Habitat in the Shots!!!

3. Kevin,

This series goes to show how images depend more on the eyes behind the lens than the lens itself. Beautiful images. Very nicely done.

4. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Great shots, Kevin

I believe you would excel shooting birds with a coke bottle. Very nice............

5. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Nothing wrong with these shots Kevin.

6. Oh Kevin! I love em! Don't care what you shoot with or how ya do it, I love em! And those cypress trees in the background sure do make me homesick! Beautiful birdies! One of these days, we gotta come down and go shooting with ya! Keep em comin buddy!

7. incredible shots, kevin

image #4 is TRULY 3-D
    wow

8. hangin tree You Did Great with that Lens...

Maji Kevin, This series goes to... Yesterday, 09:35 AM.

raymond j barlow wonderful shots Kevin! Yesterday, 11:14 AM.

general Great shots, Kevin Yesterday, 11:47 AM

tech1961 Nothing wrong with these... Yesterday, 11:53 AM.

cajun angel Oh Kevin! I love em! Don't... Yesterday, 12:03 PM.

spalding12 incredible shots,... Yesterday, 12:22 PM.

Thank you all for stopping by and viewing and of course the kind words. I sure hope to have another telephoto by years end.
    Kevin P.

9. Louie,
    thanks for viewing, which long telephoto are you shooting with? Did you shoot with the Sigma 500 4.5 for a while? Two lenses I'd love to have, the 120-300 2.8 (again) and the Sigma 500 4.5. And of course the 300-800 Sigma. How I wish there was a rental place that would rent the 500 4.5 or the 300-800!
    Kevin P.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.