1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Buttercup & Mrs P (2 pics)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Steve S, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Just a couple of shots from the shoot last Fri. How's the crop look on these? Tried several ways & settled on these. On the 1st shot I placed them in the shade under a tree since the sun was out and high in the sky at around 11 am. Looks like it went behind a cloud for this one though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Steve,

I like both pics, but might give a tad more space on each side of the frame in the first. Phenomenally sharp shots without a touch of over sharpening to my eyes.

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Very nice shots, Steve! I'm with Frank on adding a little more space on each side of the first one. Perhaps getting the rest of the arch in the shot on the right, but just a little added on left, would help. I like the crop on the second one. Well done!

4. I like them both Steve but the second is my favorite. That is a fine looking animal and you have really nailed it.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks guys, I wish I had more open frame cam left,

but I only have more space to give cam right, above and below. Going back for more soon, so this time, we're gonna do quite a few more shots of Mrs P and Buttercup. These were just an afterthought, and were not at all planned.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Steve, I wouldn't toss either if they were mine. They are both top notch.

I should have known that there was a reason for the crop in the first. Your eye is too good to miss such a point. 8)

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That #2 is dead on! Even though the background is rather busy with all those rectangles, you've bokied them out well. Waitin' to see what your new lwns does... :mrgreen:

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Frank,

Been using the new FM Nikon D2X CS Pro Sharpening Plugin. Got a "High ISO" set saved, (even though these weren't), with "Save as a Layer" also selected. I then dial down intensity as needed, usually to about 80% or less, depending on web size and lens used.
    This Mrs P just showed up while we were shooting her y.o. Filly, so I thought, why not get one of her with her pride & joy? She told me she's made the headshot her PC's wallpaper already.

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Chris, but what

is my new "lwns"? :? That funky rectangular stuff is a damn tennis court fence. You outta see some of the shots, there's an old couple in their backyard watching off in the distance. Doesn't do a thing for the shots. She's in a gaudy red housedress, and he's in a lawnchair. Shame this stable isn't more out in the country, but it isn't. It's actually placed in the middle of a housing addititon. The stable was there long before all the housing went up. Then the owner sold off all the surrounding land to a developer. Isn't that how it always is?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.