Buttercup & Mrs P (2 pics)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Steve S, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Just a couple of shots from the shoot last Fri. How's the crop look on these? Tried several ways & settled on these. On the 1st shot I placed them in the shade under a tree since the sun was out and high in the sky at around 11 am. Looks like it went behind a cloud for this one though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Steve,

I like both pics, but might give a tad more space on each side of the frame in the first. Phenomenally sharp shots without a touch of over sharpening to my eyes.

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Very nice shots, Steve! I'm with Frank on adding a little more space on each side of the first one. Perhaps getting the rest of the arch in the shot on the right, but just a little added on left, would help. I like the crop on the second one. Well done!

4. I like them both Steve but the second is my favorite. That is a fine looking animal and you have really nailed it.

5. nice shots!

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks guys, I wish I had more open frame cam left,

but I only have more space to give cam right, above and below. Going back for more soon, so this time, we're gonna do quite a few more shots of Mrs P and Buttercup. These were just an afterthought, and were not at all planned.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Steve, I wouldn't toss either if they were mine. They are both top notch.

I should have known that there was a reason for the crop in the first. Your eye is too good to miss such a point. 8)

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That #2 is dead on! Even though the background is rather busy with all those rectangles, you've bokied them out well. Waitin' to see what your new lwns does... :mrgreen:

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Frank,

Been using the new FM Nikon D2X CS Pro Sharpening Plugin. Got a "High ISO" set saved, (even though these weren't), with "Save as a Layer" also selected. I then dial down intensity as needed, usually to about 80% or less, depending on web size and lens used.
    This Mrs P just showed up while we were shooting her y.o. Filly, so I thought, why not get one of her with her pride & joy? She told me she's made the headshot her PC's wallpaper already.

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Chris, but what

is my new "lwns"? :? That funky rectangular stuff is a damn tennis court fence. You outta see some of the shots, there's an old couple in their backyard watching off in the distance. Doesn't do a thing for the shots. She's in a gaudy red housedress, and he's in a lawnchair. Shame this stable isn't more out in the country, but it isn't. It's actually placed in the middle of a housing addititon. The stable was there long before all the housing went up. Then the owner sold off all the surrounding land to a developer. Isn't that how it always is?