Butterflies Galore

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by vettenut, Jun 16, 2007.

1. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
  2. #4 is a very cool shot.

Alex

3. Good grief. This is a very eclectic mix of species from all over the world.

Nymphaidae-Danaidae-Troides- Morphos and Papilios. It is a good job that you said that they were in an exhibition otherwise I would have though you had found a 'butterfly heaven.':biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bob F.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007
  4. well done for handheld work. Great detail and certainly a wide variety of species.

5. Very nice. The local butterfly conservatory (Brookside Gardens, Wheaton, MD) opened in May; but I haven't managed to visit it yet. I am hoping that my own 'butterfly garden' begins to attract swallowtails, skippers and monarchs in a few weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds, ... you get the idea!! :biggrin:

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Beautiful shots. Great color and detail.

7. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    I was very fortunate to even see this activity, the place was full of people and of course butterflies. - Jeff

8. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Hi Bob, Dave, Crystall and Torben, it was an extremely fun day, every once and a while you would here a girl scream because one landed on her. I know my wife wouldn't go for it, she can't stand insects of any kind. Bob I figured you could name all the species off the top of your head, I was surprised that I didn't see any local swallowtail butterflies, maybe certain species don't get along.

Dave and Torben thanks for the kind words and for viewing and Crystall definately go when you get a chance, where I was it is just an open area, the butterflies are all around you and on you, unfortunately no matter how many signs and workers are around people (adults, not just kids) have to try and touch them, many have damaged wings or have died as a result. - Jeff

9. Your local swallowtail does not make a good subject for exhibitions. You will find that most of this species will come from the far east for this purpose.

Bob F.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2007