butterflies - "whole" butterflies included :-)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by VictorM, Jun 25, 2007.

1. I found a field of butterflies while on a short weekend trip to London Ontario.

Thank you for you comments & suggestions.

All photos D70s, 105VR, R1C1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Q. Does anybody know what these little yellow insects are crawling on the flower? I found them fascinating.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. These are Skipper Butterflies possibly Thymelicus lineola but I have absolutely no idea what the other tiny things are.

Bob F.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Pretty images

4. Nice series, Victor!

5. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Very nice Victor. They are pretty little things, aren't they?

6. Thanks Bob! Armed with that I looked up some information about lineola, and what I found interesting was that according to butterfliesandmoths.org "This skipper was introduced accidently to North America in 1910 through London, Ontario." I thought that was interesting as I was in London, Ontario photographing them :)

7. Thank you for the comments. I really enjoyed spending time with the butterflies, and stayed out in the sun a bit too long that day (and was sorry the next), but that is typical photographer behaviour :)

8. I really like these, Victor. The colours are wonderful, and your point of focus on these are bang on. The details on #3 are wonderful. Glad to hear you had a great weekend - hot time in the ol' city this past weekend. You were smart to get out! :biggrin:

9. A field full of skippers - beautiful.

Cheers

10. Thanks Sandi, yes I went away to get some peace and quiet :tongue:

Thanks Harry, it was wonderful to see them all.

11. Niecy

Niecy Guest

Beautiful series of images. Lovely colors and detail.

12. Thanks Niecy, and welcome to the cafe, I noticed you have just recently joined.