Butterflies

A few snapshots of butterflies from my neighbor's backyard. Would appreciate recommendations, criticisms, etc. for improvement. Need all the help I can get, just having changed to give digital a try. Taken with D70, 80-200 Nikkor 2.8 D with reducing ring and 5T diopter. A minute amount of fill flash with SB800 and RRS flash holder. Third one was a tiny thing!
Thanks for looking,
Jerry S

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jerry,

These are awesome. If you are just learning digital, I can't wait to see your pictures when you get better at it. :lol:

Great pictures!!

Thanks folks, but I suspect you all are simply tempting me to go for a D2X and get into this digital thing big time. Appreciate the comments in any event. I sort of work in isolation so interesting to get comments from those more "in the know". From what I have seen perusing many of your sites I have a LOT to learn re this digital thing. I am more into simply documenting what I see (i.e. get decent exposures) and can't do the really good arts stuff. Don't know how you all do it. I am not a joiner, but this site looked real decent so took a chance. Hope to learn a bunch from you all (and have already).
My very best,
Jerry S

Very Very Pretty. Not easy to get butterfly shots.

You have dove great. Enjoyed the all.

Dao will be glad to have company and someone to share Butterflies with..

Keep the coming our way.

Hi Jerry!!

Great pics!!

I live out in Loveland OH. I'll let you try out my D2X if you show me how you manage to take such glorious photos!! Deal?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom