1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

butterfly at lunchtime today

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by kevin pyle, Jul 22, 2008.

1. original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

okay, here is a butterfly shot from lunchtime today, just had a need to shoot something. lolol and the other shot is the chrysallis where the butterflies hatched from over the past couple of days. These were shot with D3, sigma 120-300 2.8 handheld wideopen. no tripod and no vr so I'm sorry they are not high definition sharp. lolol
    Thanks for viewing,
    Kevin P.

2. Butterflies With Parsley?:biggrin: :rolleyes: :biggrin:
    Excellent photos:wink:

3. Sal,
    I didn't know this either the wife enlightened me on this one but the catepillars
    go crazy eating the parsley, 3 of them could mow that pot down in 2-3 days then the go comatose in the chrsysallis (cacoon). Thanks for viewing.
    Kevin P.

4. Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Love it Kevin! Beautiful color, detail, I can just about smell the flower! Nice work!

5. Excellent job on this one, what a nice lunch break you had!

6. That first shot is really sweet.

7. Linda, Dianne, John,
    thanks for stopping by to view and the kind words, the butterfly was identified as a
    Gulf Fritillary (Agraulis vanillae)
    Kevin P

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.