Butterfly macro with 80-400 VR..BAHHHHAHAHAHAHA

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gale, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Just a bit of humor here. went to the local zoo today, unknown to me they have a butterfly garden now. Oh great
    All I have is this 80-400 Vr with me. So I said what the heck...

lololol

The Garden is pretty tho. Will return with a different lens. :>))

Cheers
    Gale

2. Hi Gale, nice shots. Lucky you to get a whole bunch of Heliconius charitonius and Dryas Julia at the same place. If I'm right, you're living in Cocoa Beach. If you don't mind, could you indicate to me where the zoo is. Nest time, I get down to New Smyrna, I will know a place to go shooting. Thanks.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Dao,

Think I had the wrong lens for sure Dao. Thank you for the nice compliment.

The Brevard Zoo is located about 1-2 blocks off I-95 in Viera. I will have to find the exit # for you.

Here we go found the map.

Brevard Zoo, From I-95 -take exit # 191. East, 2nd light, turn left into the zoo. Intersection of Wicham Rd and Murrrell rd.

Hours are 10:00 AM-5:00PM daily.

Cost about $10.00 per adult. I get a yearly pass for $40.00 a year. Nice small Zoo.

Let us know when you can come down and perhaps Harry B and even Harris might be able to join and the Viera Wetlands is 10 min from the Zoo. :>))

Cheers
    Gale

4. Thank you Gale for the infos. I will let you know when I can come down to the suhshine state. It will be fun to get together and know each other more.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great Dao,

Look foward to that.

Regrds
    Gale