Butterfly to be

I'm also posting a couple of color pics in Macro. This is my first year with a butterfly weed plant and I'm lovin it!

1233411313_FvqZ7-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!

wonderful shot Dossy
Thanks Vinny!
Love it, dossy!
Much appreciated, Alan!
Fascinating and beautiful Dossy.

Fantastic that you captured it hand-held as well. Great work!
Thanks Peter! The only thing I miss on the Tamron 90 is the IS.
Nice shot Dossy !
Another little slice of life. :))
Thanks Floyd! It truly is a slice of life. Last night I found a caterpilar attaching itself to my fence "getting into position" to cacoon. Right near him already was a fully formed cacoon (in the Macro section). I just have not been able to catch the butterfly transformation yet. I'm working on it!

Thanks Vinny!

Much appreciated, Alan!

Thanks Peter! The only thing I miss on the Tamron 90 is the IS.

Thanks Floyd! It truly is a slice of life. Last night I found a caterpilar attaching itself to my fence "getting into position" to cacoon. Right near him already was a fully formed cacoon (in the Macro section). I just have not been able to catch the butterfly transformation yet. I'm working on it!

So cool. Keep trying. That would be an image which can be used in so many ways. The iconic metamorphasis !!

So cool! That shallow DoF is tough on the macros. Been wanting a Tamron 90 for a long time. My next lens, I think... but I'm trying not to get anything for a while.

Nice close-up, Dossy, the Tammie 90 is a great lens!
Thanks Bill. It's my first macro lens and I'm enjoying it!
Nice shot Dossy... So what do you think of the Tamron 90 as it was super popular for ages and now we don't hear to much about it...
The only thing I miss, Wally, is the IS. I know it shouldn't matter because macro is better with a tripod, but I'm in a lot of hand held situations. Other than that, I love it.

So cool! That shallow DoF is tough on the macros. Been wanting a Tamron 90 for a long time. My next lens, I think... but I'm trying not to get anything for a while.
Thanks Chele! I get one lens at a time and wait patiently (or not so patiently) for my next opportunity. Its always a balance between desire and budget!

Beautiful shot, Dossy.
Much appreciated, Ky!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom