Butterfly Wing

I broke out the Nikon 200 f/4 Micro lens along with my D850 for this extreme close-up of a butterfly wing:

2021-11-24 butterfly-17-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Looks like hand painted canvas! Bravo!
Thanks Nick
I like the cloth-like texture!

Did you do focus stacking?
Thank Mike...I did focus stack this one. Unfortunately, I couldn't use the Focus Shift feature on the D850 for this one. The camera was having trouble focusing at all with the 200 f4 attached to the extension tube...so I ended up focusing in different parts of the frame manually and then stacking them in Photoshop.

Glenn

Very impressive! I hope I never feel compelled to try doing that, as I fear I won't be successful.
I don’t like that method as there is a greater chance of introducing camera shake. I try to minimize the risk by using a cable release and carefully turn the focusing ring on the lens. It seemed to work for this, but the butterfly was relatively flat and square to the lens.

Glenn

It's beautiful
Thank you Phil
Wonderful.
Thanks Wade
Focus shift doesn't work with d (screw type) lenses. I wish it did, I have the same beautiful lens. (n)
Thank you, Rick...I didn't realize that focus shift didn't work with this lens. I knew it wasn't working for me, but thought it was because the autofocus wasn't able to acquire focus in this situation. That's helpful information.

Glenn

Latest threads

Top Bottom