Butterfly

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by dbirdsong, Aug 27, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I posted some pictures the other day of some butterflies taken with my D70's yet I also took some with my Kodak Z760 (6mp, 3x optical) and didn't get around to looking at them till a couple days later.
    I was very please to see this picture when I downloaded them to the computer.
    [​IMG]

The 8x10 looks wonderful, and I am thinking of even bigger for the wall in my office.

2. So much colors, the 8x10 should be quite attractive.

3. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Dave:

I'll bet this looks nice......it is a very lovely photo. Nice, rich colors and excellent detail. This is from the Kodak, right?

4. Gorgeous colors, Dave! What a lovely shot! You know, I just picked up Melissa's pictures from our shoot together (we chose 13 of her 144 to print!)....she was shooting with the CX7430 if you remember. All of the photos she took in the butterfly area were stunning....just such beautiful colors. We ended up printing 5 of them. I haven't tried cropping any yet, but the full frames look pretty sharp. As much as I enjoy my Nikon, there are times when I really miss my Kodak. I'm glad Melissa has one :smile:

5. Dave the detail is so good the wings look like they have velvet on them. Nicely done.

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Yeah it was taken with a Kodak Z760, 6 mp 3x optical. (The same camera as the DX7630, just updated with the new imagelink docking port.)
    Very nice camera for $300.

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

The CX7430 is a great camera. I have taken 1000's with one and always was pleased with the results.
    We need to go out shooting again, that was a lot of fun.
    Tell Melissa I say HI.
    Dave

8. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Gordon.. you should see the print..

9. That is a wonderful image.

How often do you get such stuff out of that camera?

For example, I carry a Sony P200 around in my pocket all of the time. More often than not, I get what I would expect from a tiny camera.

But every now and then I get one that blows me away. Sure would be nice to know how to do that more often.

10. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I get great results with it all the time.
    This one was taken last fall with the DX7630 (same as the Z760, just a new name)
    [​IMG]