Butterflys from Lake Konstanz

Edited the fist bunch of pictures from our vacation at Lake Konstanz!

These were taken in the butterfly house on Isle Mainau!
(I was there with wife, so not much time to hang around, just a few snapshots :wink: )

Please tell me how you like them!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

H

Harrie Gerrits

Michael,

This is an excellent series - #2 is my favourite!

Great Shots.. would like to know what set up you used for these..i have the sigma 105 macro also.. did you use the converter .. must have used the 800 flash...Thanks Tim

Thanks a lot for all your comments!

mrtac2man said:
Great Shots.. would like to know what set up you used for these..i have the sigma 105 macro also.. did you use the converter .. must have used the 800 flash...Thanks Tim
I use my 70-200 VR with the Canon 500D and the SB800 as fillflash (TTL -1EV).

Thats a great walk around combo. Just beware small spaces and fearful people, it's a little intimidating :cool: . And at the same time it can give you a great upper body workout :biggrin: :wink:

most were shot in M with f11 and 1/100s to prevent subjekt movement (and my trembling hands :wink: ) VR does the rest. The TTL in the flash does great exposing the images, I really like that most!

I find myself rarely using the Sigma when shooting handheld! don't get me wrong it's a great lens, but when not on a tripod I tend to lose focus because of movement (i might get old :frown: )

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom