Buttery light and soft light

I only had to work half a day today so I went around the yard this afternoon to see what I could come up with. The light was buttery for awhile and then a haze which I think is from the fires in Florida and Georgia covered the sun. I think both types of lighting are great so I am happy with either on most days with most subjects. Just the usual suspects.

156464672-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

156466023-O.jpg

156464689-O.jpg

Gorgeous shots Andy. So which cam and lens?

Thanks Frank. All were taken with a Canon 30D, 500/4 IS lens and 1.4 converter. My favorite addition is the Wimberely head. I had forgotten how much easier those make bird photography and still don't know why I sold the first one I had.:confused:

Thanks Frank. All were taken with a Canon 30D, 500/4 IS lens and 1.4 converter. My favorite addition is the Wimberely head. I had forgotten how much easier those make bird photography and still don't know why I sold the first one I had.:confused:

Wow, 700mm. :smile:

I couldn't agree more on the big Wemberley. Makes things SO much easier. I use mine even for macro shots. :rolleyes:

Sweet images. The thing that amazes me most is that you got these 3 birds at eye level. These 3 species, if they see me coming, they hit the shade, they hit the bushes, they go high, you name it!! :confused: Gonna switch my deodorant! :rolleyes:

Again a Super Series with common birds

Thanks Gary.

Sweet images. The thing that amazes me most is that you got these 3 birds at eye level. These 3 species, if they see me coming, they hit the shade, they hit the bushes, they go high, you name it!! :confused: Gonna switch my deodorant! :rolleyes:

I think the lens length has a lot to do with it appearing to be eye level. The Titmouses are completely fearless and fly very close. The Bluejays are very bold right now but it never lasts long with them. They will go back to being wary again real soon. The Cardinals are a hit and miss proposition. I have found that if I stand still and keep my hands up on the camera the birds will usually come close. If my hands are down and I raise them to operate the camera they are gone.

Beautiful images

Thank you Gale.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
nicely done, good composition on the shots, nice space around the birds well thought out, and as you said just gorgeous light.

Wade

Very nice Andy,you have to move very slowly or POOF they are gone.Even in my blind if I move to fast to get a shot the little buggers are showing me the ole buttshot and they are gone:smile:But its still a lot of fun thanks for sharing these.

nicely done, good composition on the shots, nice space around the birds well thought out, and as you said just gorgeous light.

Wade

Thank you for the nice words Wade.

Ooohhh Andy! Totally gorgeous! Love em all!

Thank you Dianne!

Very nice Andy,you have to move very slowly or POOF they are gone.Even in my blind if I move to fast to get a shot the little buggers are showing me the ole buttshot and they are gone:smile:But its still a lot of fun thanks for sharing these.

I have a bazillion buttshots! :biggrin: I know what you mean!

Latest threads

Top Bottom