BuyDig.com: Quality Retailer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haze2, Jun 7, 2007.

1. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm about to purchase several new lenses and I just discovered BuyDig.com. Have any of you purchased there before? Was it a good experience? They beat B&H by a few bucks on several lenses I'm interested in and they offer free shipping. Thanks

2. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I've heard nothing but good things about them. They're legitimate.

3. I've bought there many times. Highest recomendation. Check prices against bhphoto.com 1st !!

4. Haze, they are good to deal with (as I have on several items), but do note that they charge a 10% restocking fee for returned items (last I checked), so if you're buying something that's reputed to have substantial copy variation, B&H would be safer.

5. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Buydig is part of the same company as Beach Camera, beachtr.com. I have bought from beach, not from buydig. Seems they don't always have the same items listed as in stock and when they do buydig is usually a little cheaper.

6. digitalzed

digitalzed

May 14, 2006
    N. Cal
    Long time customer. I'm highly satisfied. As good of service as B&H.

7. I bought my 80-200 F/2.8 from them with no prior experience. Arrived on time for a reasonable price. Warranty intact -- I'll be picking up the lens tomorrow from a local Nikon repair facility who said it was covered.

8. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks everyone for comments. Dave, one of the lenses I'm getting has this issue so I appreciate the heads-up.

9. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  10. erubin

erubin Guest

Buydig

I've used Buydig and had a good experience each time. One thing you can do with online retailers is to check them out through the Better Business Bureau. Their url is www.bbb.org