1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Buying Manfrotto Tripod In Salt Lake City ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bright Angel, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Can anyone please tell me where I can buy a Manfrotto 055 MF3 Tripod in Salt Lake City ?
    http://www.manfrotto.com/page2278.html

I'm travelling there tomorrow from Capital Reef.
    Tonight my whist out shooting, one of my legs broke off :mad: 
    So I need to buy another one, so I can continue taking pictures (I can't manage without).
    I'm staying near the Temple Square area, if that helps pin down any shops, but I'm willing the travel to buy one.
    Please give name and address of store.

Thanks for any help.

2. I've only been to Pictureline in SLC:

http://www.pictureline.com/nav/42/Tripods_Etc.

Retail Store

305 WEST 700 SOUTH
    SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH 84101

pictureline inc. is located in the heart of the photo district in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. We stock over 4,000 digital and analog photographic products, computer and software solutions, printers and print media, designed for professional and serious amateur use. All items seen on this web site may be purchased in our smartly stocked store or online for immediate shipping of all in stock items. We are authorized dealers for ALL of the products we carry and can assure you of NO GRAY MARKET merchandise.
    Store InformationContact Information

9am - 6pmMonday - FridayLocal Phone801.364.1200
    10am - 2pmSaturdayNational 800800.748.8200
    always open! 24/7Web StoreFax #800.531.0200
    Emailsales@pictureline.com

Sean

3. I second the recommendation for Pictureline. If they don't have it, I'd try Inkley's at 2150 South State Street. They're 4 blocks east and 14-1/2 blocks southon the west side of the street). I don't believe they're open on Sunday though. If you go there, ask for Bill Cowles (pronounced "Coles"). Tell him Brian Fullmer sent you. We worked together many years ago.

How long will you be in town?

Good luck.

4. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Thank you for the suggestions.
    I've just checked the Priceline site, they don't stock the model I need.
    I forgot it's Sunday tomorrow, I've lost track of time.
    If I can't find the model I'm after, then I'll have to buy some cheap make and throw it away when I'm done.
    Do Inkley's have a website ? Any more suggestions ?

Just one night, then I move on to Jackson, WY.

5. inkley's.com.

When you're in Jackson, there's a camera shop called JJ's Camera Corral. It's a fun little place to spend a few minutes and dollars.

Enjoy your brief stay in our beautiful city. I hope you have a great time in WY. If you're going to Yellowstone, be sure to spend at least a little time in Teton park. It's my favorite.

6. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Thank you.
    I (did) plan to take interior shots whilst in Salt Lake City, the Temple & Tabernacle buildings (if photography is allowed, I'll check at the Vistor's Information) and the State Capitol Building.
    But, without a tripod, I might have to wait until Monday, when I've bought one before shooting.

I'm planning to stay for one night in Jackson and visit Grand Tetons NP.
    I'll give Yellowstone a miss, I've been about 3 times before and it doesn't do anything for me.
    Then I continue on the Glacier NP, Montana for 3 nights, that after I've broken up the journey with a night in Missoula. Driving from Jackson to Columbia Falls is too much in one day.

7. Jeromy

Jeromy

Mar 19, 2008
    Utah
    pixels photo and frame (801) 233-9090 8934 South State Street
    Sandy, UT 84070 www.pixelsfoto.com
    pixels has it listed on their website, closed sundays.

inklys (801) 486-3921 2150 S State St South Salt Lake, UT 84115-2722
    (part of the ritz camera family) www.ritzcamera.com/

or if you really have to allens camera in provo, http://www.allenscamera.net

8. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Excellent, thank you for the additional stores :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.