By George (or Ron Reznick) I think I've got it!

I ditched work yesterday and scoured the first part of Ron's postprocessing section again. What do think?

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rich

Rich,

Now I am very impressed. This is a very big improvement over the first shot that you posted a few weeks ago. I'd say that you figured it out. :wink:

Now if I just could. :?

Regards,

Frank

greyflash said:
Looks good. I would imagine that it looks pretty much like it did in real life.

Thank you both. Sorry for the dust bunny in the sky, left; I was in a hurry to post this. The image is brighter on my monitor, however. I have NC, PS, Pbase and the Cafe all up on my Sony LCD Monitor, all identical, bit for bit and sRGB. The PBase lacks the punch of the two in NC and PS. Since the images are exactly identical I wonder if PBase is doing something. I even tried the "original" trick. I may try Smugmug for comparison.

I'm even beginning to see the three gamma notches. I have no idea what they are and the science behind them, though they are there!

Rich :D

Hi Rich

Are you sure they were all sRGB? If I look at originals from pbase I cannot tell the difference if I have converted the file to sRGB in photoshop.

Make sure you are not "assigning" the color profile - you must convert. Never mind this advice if you already are doing all this.

Rory

This one shows sRGB IEC61966-2.1 in the PS metafile section. Resubmission, picture didn't come up.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B

bpetterson

I gave up on pbase.
Although if you tag the original to send it seems much better.

I use

http://imageevent.com

and send the original.

Also I can send a NEF file up to 50mb for a slight increase in cost.

Birger

Latest threads

Top Bottom