byodo-in temple

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by fks, Sep 22, 2005.

1. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    the byodo-in temple located in the valley of the temples on oahu. one day i'll take the temple at sunrise or sunset.

nikon d2h + nikon 28-200 f/3.5~5.6G

[​IMG]

the 28-200mm doesn't handle specular highlights too well:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Very impressive shots. I love the one of the statue with the temple blurred in the background. These are so colorful and beautiful.

3. These are excellent. I especially like the first one. Did you stitch it together with a Pano tool?

I've noticed the same problem with the 28-200, but I love it's versatility.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'm with Terri, my favorite was the statue w/the temple blurred. The pano is especially nice too.

5. Here I have been to Oahu three times and have never seen this. Where did I go wrong?? Beautiful shots.

6. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi all-

thanks for the kind words :)

hi terri and leigh-

the buddah statue had coins in its palm. i wish i'd taken a close-up of that, but it's something i forgot to do :(

hi pa-

the pan was stitched using ptassembler running on panorama tools with enblend and a plug-in (whose names escapes me) that's used to automatically pick the points. the combination does great work, although it can take some time to process. all hand-held; i haven't used a tripod for a pan in some time now (yeah, i'm lazy!).

hi gordon-

i'm one of those who goes out and gets a guide book when i travel :) it was my parents' first trip to oahu, so i had to take them to see the temple. it's a replica of a temple in japan and a functioning buddist temple. the location is gorgeous albeit a bit creepy (it's inside a cemetery and i don't particularly enjoy those). there are supposed to be peacocks on the grounds, but i have yet to see one in all my trips to the temple.

ricky

7. Beautiful composition and colors. Great work!

8. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi paul-

thanks for the compliments :) the d2h makes things really easy, with more saturation than the d1 and d100 that i used to have. it may not be accurate, but it definitely is pleasing.

ricky