ByTor the snow dog

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Blake, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Blake

Blake Guest

Thought I would share this shot I took of my dog after her swim in the nearly frozen "Cold lake" in Alberta Canada.

[​IMG]

2. OH man that looks chilly, and what is with all that white stuff ;-) . Welcome to the cafe, nice to see another fellow Albertan. Nice country up in Cold Lake!!!

3. Good name for the lake. Obviously the dog has no idea it's too cold for swimming, lol. Great shot!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2006
  4. Neat shot Blake. Really captures the place and mood well. Looks like there should be a Polar Bear in the background. :smile:

Cheers
    Tim

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Now that's a great doggy shot.
    love the comp and perspective, gives it tons of depth and the color is perfect!!

6. Perfect blend of scenery and subject a great looking shot

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Nice shot. Amazing that she would go into the cold water.

8. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    really cute dog, doesn't sound to smart but cute.

Really though. I've seen Lab's with ice on them. amazes me they still want to go in.

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That is a great image. You did well not to blow out the highlights in the snow. The image is plenty sharp with great composition and color. Looks like the pooch doesn't mind the cold weather.

10. Now that dog just looks intelligent! Great picture. You can tell folks you use her to hunt polar bears.

11. That is one great shot of your dog! Low angled light in his face, ice flows, good composition, as Frank says.... nice and sharp. That's a great shot!!! Of course, it's also a great lens too :wink:

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Welcome to the Cafe Blake. Very nice image, and very handsome pup. My only other comment is brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! :smile:

13. A great shot. Love the dog and the composition.

14. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Nice picture Blake. Looks a wee bit chilly.
    Beautiful dog too. Didn't you tell him it was too cold to go swimming? Did you get in with him?

15. Very nice. You handled the contrast very well. Good composition. Interesting photograph.

16. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Blake -

Your image is excellent. In addition to having a rather unusual subject (understatement), the composition is excellent. Your main subject (the dog, stupid -that's directed at me) is tack sharp and looking into the picture, the contrast with the ice and water is startling, and your exposure is right on. Oh, one more thing. Your dog is nuts! :wink:

Gordon

17. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Great photo.. Not really sure about how smart your dog is.. but the ice sure made that photo..

18. Beautiful shot with wonderful light. And I like the restricted colour palette: blues, whites and furry browns. The mood of the photo to me evokes the domesticated dog thinking about what it would be like to be a wild Arctic wolf !!

19. What a fantastic shot!

20. Very nice shot of an obviously mad dog. You were sat in an air conditioned truck I trust with a hot cup of coffee...:biggrin:

I'm showing my age here - but, wasn't that a Rush song on the Fly By Night album (vinyl) ?