Cable Release

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Catz, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Hi everyone,

I forgot the name of the Nikon Cable Release that is something like MC-20 or MC-30.

Can someone tell me the correct name of this cable release or have a link to it on on BH.

Thanks,

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Probably this one: MC-36, which replaces the older MC-20. Don't know if MC-30 is still available.

3. Thank you Bjorn, that is what I was looking for and I also found the one that is a MC 20. I lost mine and can't find it so I have to get another one. If I find the other one, I will just sell it.

Thanks again,

4. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Cable releases are expendable items and thus you should have them in abundance. At any given time, I probably have at least 10 in various disguises. When I purchase them I put some in the car, a few in my hiking packs, and at least one in each of my photo vests. Then there is a chance I'll have the darned things available when they are needed the most :smile:

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    10! Geez-louise! I though I was excessive at 5. One of mine is an old bulb type that pushes a plunger pneumatically. I got a 25 foot hose for it, but you have to squeeze very hard and suddenly for it to work.

6. nfoto

nfoto Guest

At a given time, yes. There is quite some circulation here and I lose a few each year.

And by the way, I didn't count plunger releases - they haven't got the 10-pin contact:biggrin:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ah. The hole in the button is my favorite feature of my D100.

8. I keep 2 of the MC-30 in each of my camera bags. I think they are still readily available. I use them alot so I keep a spare in each bag in case of a malfunction.