Cactus flower

Hi,

This period of the year is the time of cactus and desert plants flowering.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The picture is a bit grainy due to a wrong ISO 800 setting. It has been processed by Noise Ninja but I couldn't go long with noise reduction since the picture will suffer from softness.

Hopes you enjoy it.

Cheers.

Dao,

What a beautiful flower. Thanks for sharing. Wonderful composition and well shot.

Gale

F15Todd said:
ISO 800 doesn't hurt this photo at all on the screen. :)
How does is look printed?
Hi Todd. On a 8 x10 print, the noise in the background is acceptable but with an 11 x 14 print, the noise is obvious in the dark areas of the background (near the picks at the top and bottom of the picture). In my limited experience with ISO 600 and 800 on a D100, I think it's worth to overexposed a little bit the dark areas (let say by 1/3 of a stop to lower the noise. I need to mention that I use the +0,3 EV gamma curve of Photogenetic. BW

P

peterdove

daodang said:
F15Todd said:
Hi Todd. On a 8 x10 print, the noise in the background is acceptable but with an 11 x 14 print, the noise is obvious in the dark areas of the background (near the picks at the top and bottom of the picture). In my limited experience with ISO 600 and 800 on a D100, I think it's worth to overexposed a little bit the dark areas (let say by 1/3 of a stop to lower the noise. I need to mention that I use the +0,3 EV gamma curve of Photogenetic. BW
An excellent pic, I would try and do some stronger noise reduction in one later and then mask it so that the stonger noise reduction is applied to the shadowy areas.

Peter

peterdove said:
daodang said:
F15Todd said:
An excellent pic, I would try and do some stronger noise reduction in one later and then mask it so that the stonger noise reduction is applied to the shadowy areas.

Peter
Hi Peter, I'm interested to do as you suggested. Could you be kind to give me the detailed procedure. Thank you.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom