Cafe Challenge #11 - Results of Pharting

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by Kevin Scott, Sep 11, 2005.

1. And the winners are:

1st place with 21 votes - Dave Birdsong with Untitled (Baseball player)
    ch11-1.%20dbirdsong%20Untitled%20(Baseball%20player).

2nd place with 16 votes - Michael Schuster with Reversed Macro
    ch11-2.%20mcs%20Reverse%20Macro.

3rd place with 13 votes - Gale with Heron
    ch11-3.%20Gale%20Heron.

Congratulations to all the winners and to everyone who participated in what I hope was a fun challenge.

Dave, we look forward to our next challenge!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Congratulations Dave, Michael and Gale! All 3 of your shots were wonderful, as were the rest of the entries. I am just sad that I did not have enough time to enter myself - it all looked so fun!

So Dave! What's up next time? And would you mind a little bit of 'How-To' for your image? I love that look, especially the background!

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    A Huge Congratulations

Congratulations Dave, Michael and Gale! It was so tough for everyone to vote this contest because the entries were so great. Your three entries were certainly the "Cream of the Crop" .

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Congrats to you Dave, Michael and Gale! This was a really fun contest, Kevin.

Dave, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the next contest...don't keep us waiting too long! :smile:

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks everyone that voted for my pictures.
    Chris asked how I did it, so let's start with the original.

[​IMG]

Exif for the shot is this
    D70 1/1250 at F4.5 at 280mm thus the back ground was not even close to being in focus.

I then applied the poster edge filter in PS CSII and then applied the Texturiezer.
    Finally I used framing action by someone named mike w., I can't remember where I got it from, but that is what the frame action is called.
    the end result was this

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2005
  6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I was thinking of motion.. how do I get it going?

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Congrats Dave..Very nice and a great shot to start with.

Michael.. Very creative.

I just got back up on line from the blue screen of death. Been working on this thing all day.

Dsl router went out. Gave some strange errors. Took alot to narrow the problen down.

So dial-up here for a few days .. Can't even look at pictures.

Thank you all for you kind words comments and votes.

Good challenge.

Virginia yours was great. Learning the new object in CS2 was a feat.. Well done.

Robert good talent and imagination with the butterfly image. Excellent work.

Elf..Christian, beautiful iomage.

All good stuff guys and gals.

Hope we can do it again sometime and we have all learned some new and fun things to do in the art and imagination side of our photography.

Thank you Kevin.

8. Congrats Dave, Michael and Gale for a job well done.

Gale, I'm sorry to hear about your router problems. My D70 started acting up again this weekend so I was convinced I'd have to send it in for service. As a last step effort, I emailed Nikon tech support fully expecting nothing, but not 5 minutes later I had a response recommending a three step reset, Nikon's version of Control-Alt-Delete, I guess. Well, it worked! I hope you router issues get resolved as easily.

This was a fun challenge. Congrats too to all the participants!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's all your's Dave. Take a look at some of the older 'Topic' threads, and post your topic along with the rules, time line, topic, and anything else you want to throw into it. The winner of the previous challenge (that's you!) will decide all the parameters for the next challenge.

So when you are ready (it need not be tonight :wink:) just post your Topic thread, then when it's time for submissions, start a Submission thread. When it's over, start a Voting thread, then a Results thread.

If you run into technical, forum related (or other) problems, just hollar.

Hey - have fun with it! You've earned it!

10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Congrats DBirdsong on a fantastic winning photograph :smile:

Regards

RFC

11. Congratulations Dave and Gale, for your outstanding Artworks!

I am very much looking forward to your next Challenge, Dave!

12. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Congrats, Dave, Michael, and Gale! All great! All of the submissions on this challenge were very well done and interesting. Congrats to everyone who participated!

13. Dave, Michael and Gale:

Excellent images all. Each one of you have done a fantastic job with these images. I would also like to thank Kevin for the way he ran this competition.