Cafe Challenge #11 - Voting Thread

We will follow the previous voting procedures which I have copied here for your reference.

THE RULES FOR VOTING:

Everyone is allowed three votes:

1st place: 3 points
2nd place: 2 points
3rd place: 1 point

Make sure to mention the name (member name and real name if different and provide by the poster) of the artist and the title of the artwork!

Voting begins now and will end on Sunday - Sep 11, 2005 - at 23:59 utc/gmt standard time.

To avoid time disputes here is the link to our time standard for this:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll cast my votes as follows:

1st place - 3 pts - Dave/dbirdsong for the Baseball Player
2nd place - 2 pts - Michael Schuster/mcs for Reverse Macro
3rd place - 1 pt - Gale for Heron

Thanks to all the participants for the great entries! I hope everyone enjoyed the challenge as much as I did. Maybe some of these works could be outlined in more detail in the Retouching Forum (now that we have one) ;)

1st place--3 points--Reverse Macro--MCS

2nd place--2 points--Inca Dinca Do--eng45ine

3rd place--1 point--Fiddled Field--Elf_8

Honorable mentions to Gale and Dave Birdsong....I loved these too, but when you can only vote for 3.....it just makes the voting so hard!!!!

Thanks for hosting a great contest Kevin....I can't wait to see what the next one will be...

This contest was very difficult to vote on because my Pharting experience is so limited...I am not aware of how much work was necessary to accomplish each entry. I am voting by what I like and would hang on my wall.

1st place with 3 points- Baseball Player by Dave Birdsong. I really like this image alot. It symbolizes the olden days of the boys of summer. Well done, Dave.

2nd place with 2 points- Butterfly Dreams by RFCNikon. This image is incredibly creative...I really like the second image faded into the butterly image. Very nice work, Robert.

3rd place with 1 point- Heron by Gale. I love the detail in this image. The colors are vivid enough without being too much. Just a wonderful capture with the right amount of Pharting. Very nicely done, Gale.

Honorable mention goes to Michael Schuster for "Reverse Macro". I've seen similar images in the past and this concept is quite nice. Michael, you did very, very well with your entry.

To all of the Cafe member who participated, you all amaze me with your abilities. I am in awe with your vision and your fluency with your post-processing software. Everyone deserves praise for their entry.

In my opinion retouching should add to the content!
From that point of view and my personal liking, I made my choices.

Here's my vote for Challenge #11

1st place: 3 points go to "Falls Mill circa 1873" by Leigh
The little retouching really increases the mood of this scenery! Really vintage 1873! :wink:

2nd place: 2 points go to "Fiddled Field" by Elf_8
Very romantic mood, like the grass is building a flowing waterfall! Really "impressionistly"
(from your avatar and your pictures: could it be you are a bit into fantasy? Do you know GRRM) :wink:

3rd place: 1 point goes to "The Littlest Caballero" by beaucamera
All the pieces you put into this collage really add together, to show the essence of that day! :wink:

Honorable mentions to:
Gale for Glowing beauty: it's shame it didn't fit in the time, Great image! Would have benn my favorite!
Gale (again!?!) for "Heron": Great capture turned into Photo-Art
dbirdsong for "Sunday at Greenfield Village": also a great capture turned into Art!
gbenic for "Windows": Your editing really boosted the statement of this picture!

....I might have been writing a little to much.....but there were so many good entrys to comment on..... :rolleyes: :wink:

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
What a lot of great entries...this pp newbie is inspired by you all!

My votes go to...

3 points to Dave (dbirdsong) for his baseball player...simply the perfect technique for that photo!

2 points to Frank (eng45ine) for his inca tern...again a great technique for that photo.

1 point to Greg (gbenic) for his cat's windows...simply mermerizing!

I wish I had another 6 points to give!! I hope everyone will share the techniques they used here.

1st Place - Baseball Player by D. Birdsong
2nd Place - Heron by Gale
3rd Place - Butterfly Dreams by RFC

Honorable mention:
Falls Mill by Leigh
Fiddled Field by Elf_8
Reverse Macro by MCS

Good job by all.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
1st, 3 pts - Dave, Baseball Player
2nd, 2 pts - Christian, Fiddled Field
3rd, 1 pt - Michael, Reverse Macro

Voting is never easy with so many great photos

3 points The Littlest Caballero - by beaucamera

2 points Falls Mill circa 1873 - by Leigh

1 point PHART--- Heron by Gale

Regards

RFC

D

dbirdsong

Wow what a great bunch of work everyone.
1st Reverse Macro by MCS
2nd INCA DINCA DO by Eng45ine
3rd Fiddled Field by Elf_ 8

Challenge 11 Votes

First Place (3 Points):RFCNikon, "Butterfly Dreams" , very creative composition.
Second Place (2 Points): Michael Schuster, "Reverse Macro", masterfully conceived.
Third Place (1 Points): dbirdsong (untitled), added oomph to poignant photo.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

first place and 3 points Butterfly Dreams by RFC
2nd place and 2 points Heron by Gale
3rd place and 1 point baseball by Dave

Some good stuff here. Was really torn between Gale and RFC for 1st. RFC won out because of appearance that it took several deliberate steps and composition and scaling (sizing) of the images to fit.

Gale, Really liked your heron.

H

Harrie Gerrits

1st place - Butterfly Dreams - RCFNIKON
2nd place - Reverse Macro - mcs
3rd place - Fiddled Field - Elf_8

Real Name
Chris
My votes surely represent the styles of artistic processing I prefer rather than any statement on the quality of the entries. Based on quality, all the submissions would get 3 points from me. These are all GREAT!

However I must vote, so:

1st place: 3 points for Heron by Gale
2nd place: 2 points for untitled by dbirdsong
3rd place: 1 point for Acid Alley by Wilk

Honorable mention to The Littlest Caballero by beaucamera
Honorable mention to Reverse Macro by mcs

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom