Cafe Challenge # 15 Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by yokimbo, Nov 15, 2005.

1. The Topic of challange #15 is

BLUR

Same standard rules as past challenges:

THE RULES:

- One picture per participant
    - One can edit/change the text of the entry as often as necessary, but the posted pics are to remain unaltered once posted.
    - Pictures can be edited in PS but must have been taken during the submission dates.
    - Somewhat controversial pictures are permitted, but please use your judgment and keep it within reason.
    - Please include the EXIF data so that everyone can learn from your exceptional shooting skills and meet the submission time requirements.
    -- The submission thread should not be used for any commentary. Only for submission of your picture.
    - The most important rule of all, have fun and enjoy yourselves.

SUBMISSION:

Submission for this challenge starts now - Tuesday, November 15 at 05:20 UTC/GMT
    And will end on - Wednesday, November 23 at 12:00 UTC/GMT.

Pictures must be taken within this time period.

To avoid time disputes the following website will be used as our time standard:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Kim,

Great topic! I look forward to participating and seeing what everyone else comes up with. I'm pretty good at blurring my shots. :biggrin:

3. Well, I have some blur images but they do not fit within the time window.. There are no flowers blooming out here now for me to do the technique.. :^)

I might submit it anyways...

4. LOL Thanks Patrick. I look forward to seeing what this creative crowd comes up with too.

Wow! Interesting technique, great results [pbase]. Have you tried the technique with many other things?

5. This is a technique i learned from Freeman Patterson book.. I can now do it digitally with a D2X.

not tried aything else but flowers for now..

6. i could put my D2X on a bunji cord, set it to bulb and drop it from a bridge........nah, Illl come up with something Great Idea Kim.

7. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    There's a new fad on the web called "camera tossing", so who's gonna try it with their D2x? :biggrin:

8. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    OK, but don't miss.

9. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    Well, since it's out of timeframe...

63203416_16b1de288c.

This was a kingfisher in mid-dive that I was not at all prepared for.

10. A few of my posts of Blur

A few Blur shots taken back when I used that celluloid stuff called film :eek:

Seriously, I will post a recent image taken with the Digital camera.. :biggrin:

Theses were shot in 2003 when we had a stunning wildflower season out here in the land of the Fruits and Nuts in California.. ;^)

These are a series of images shot with 25 exposures on teh same frame. Each shot was adjusted for zoom and rotation of the camera..

11. Cool topic. Like big Patrick B. I'm pretty good at blurring my shots. I'll be on the lookout for compelling subjects.

Good luck to everyone!

12. Great subject. Here is what I would submit had I happened to shoot it this week...

Anchovies at the Monterey Bay Aquarium
    school.

Or this one, an actual photograph of falling raindrops. 1/500 flash sync and pure luck.
    http://www.nvxd.com/favorite-photos/images/rain.jpg

13. Great photo! Too bad, but you could shoot something else.

14. I'm working on it.

15. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I've got a (silly?) question: how does one post your picture's EXIF data if it's embedded in the picture? I could dump it from the picture itself, but will an XMP display well here?... and who would really want to read it?

16. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi again Peter! It's not a silly question at all, and we really should have a FAQ on it, but we don't. Another member, Joe Colson, has been maintaining a piece of freeware called PrintExif, which puts a listing of the Exif data (and other stuff, like a title and copyright notice) at the bottom of images. I'm sure you've seen it in action.

So go here, download the script and put it in the Presets > Scripts folder of Photoshop and run it from the File > Scripts menu when you are done with preparing a photo for the net:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=55577

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  17. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Chris!! This is just way-too-cool!!! Checking out the link now... you guys have got your act together!!

18. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Well, it looks like I can't use this script... at least in its present form. I need to play with the code because it chokes on my files... as I don't use Nikon Transfer, I'll have to re-write it... bummer!

19. told myself I'd shoot it on the weekend, then last night, then this afternoon. By the time I finally got round to it, it was already pitch black tongiht with less than 12 hours to submit. Selected mine out of 50 NEFs...I shot with the Rodenstock X-ray lenses, and my final pick was with the 68mm f/1.0
    hope someone likes it :) I ended up submitting with something like 7 hours to go?