Cafe Challenge # 16 Topic Thread

Gale said:
Whats worse is to have the idea and not know how to put it together...grrrrrr

Exactly, I understand what you mean. My technical skills are not at all up to my ideas.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Gale said:
Whats worse is to have the idea and not know how to put it together...grrrrrr

I don't even have an idea after scratching my head for a few days.

Real Name
Chris
Heh - clever C_M! Hey - I moved your post here 'cause we like to keep only submissions in the submission thread, and put any comments on the entries over here.

By the way folks, C_M was referring to NB23's ****** pepper pic. :wink:

I am sure going to the grocery store with my camera in hand in the pepers dept won't cut it. Besides the manager kicking me out of the store for fear of being reported to the FDA or something. LOLOL

Thanks Chris...& sorry about that!

Chris101 said:
Heh - clever C_M! Hey - I moved your post here 'cause we like to keep only submissions in the submission thread, and put any comments on the entries over here.

By the way folks, C_M was referring to NB23's ****** pepper pic. :wink:

Thanks for moving my post to the appropriate forum.

Sorry about that.:Shy:
You could have done WITHOUT sending in the Forum Police barking up my tree, though:

47207815.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sending in this other person might have been more appreciated: :biggrin:
View attachment 20354

Anyway....thanks for creating (& maintaing) such a lovely place....despite people like me :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Real Name
Chris
Classic_Man said:
Thanks for moving my post to the appropriate forum.

Sending in this other person might have been more appreciated: :biggrin:
49164219.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Woof!

She can house train me any day! I take it her name is pepper... :wink:

Actually...

Chris101 said:
Woof!

She can house train me any day! I take it her name is pepper... :wink:

Besides being a well-known club dancer, this lady is also a senior official in a local business enterprise.

I know some clients that are literally scared to death of her.......:Shocked:

Maybe she's too overpowering for some types...:tongue:

For my Pepper Contest entry, I linked to the "large" size of my photo on pbase. But the photo appears to have some awful artifacts along edges of things. Is that from something pbase does when resizing the photo??
That's what I'm thinking, but some days you never know -- maybe I crudded up my photo somehow since it wasn't all that great to start with !!

So what do you all do when linking to a photo on pbase?? Do you link to the
"original" version instead? Those can be pretty large. So do you resize your photos before uploading to pbase? Hmmm, my inner rocket scientist is telling me that that is the sensible thing to do :biggrin: !! LOL.

So would this be a correct conclusion: Resize + resample at 96dpi prior to upload to pbase and then link to "original" sized version on pbase for artifact free display????

I"m gonna experiment with this, but if I've missed anything here, please advise !!
Thanks in advance -- Anne Di
('Andrea B.')

annedi said:
For my Pepper Contest entry, I linked to the "large" size of my photo on pbase. But the photo appears to have some awful artifacts along edges of things. Is that from something pbase does when resizing the photo??
That's what I'm thinking, but some days you never know -- maybe I crudded up my photo somehow since it wasn't all that great to start with !!

So what do you all do when linking to a photo on pbase?? Do you link to the
"original" version instead? Those can be pretty large. So do you resize your photos before uploading to pbase? Hmmm, my inner rocket scientist is telling me that that is the sensible thing to do :biggrin: !! LOL.

So would this be a correct conclusion: Resize + resample at 96dpi prior to upload to pbase and then link to "original" sized version on pbase for artifact free display????

I"m gonna experiment with this, but if I've missed anything here, please advise !!
Thanks in advance -- Anne Di
('Andrea B.')

I always resize it to fit into 900x900 Pixel before uploading it to pbase, that's enough to view it on the web (And to few to steel it, and to make good prints! :wink: )

then I link the "original" version. So what u see in PS (don't forget final USM after resizing) is what you get in the link.

Hope I could help!

THanks Michael!!!
I experimented with resizing by changing the pixel dimensions to about 900 x 900 as per your suggestion and that worked out nicely. It did not seem to matter whether I resampled at 96 or at the original 300 during that resizing. Both looked the same on-line of course (but might have looked differently when printed I guess). The final touch of sharpening did make a lot of difference for online viewing. Now my pbase original is a good size to link to.
Thanks for the pointers !!

Oh, cool!! Thanks!! That's good to know!!
I hadn't done enough linking to Pbase in the past to realize that their
resizing was so terrible. Then I edited my submission to post both the artifacted and non-aartifacted version of my Pepper photo, so we should probably please MOVE my submission to this thread since it became a learning experiment (and experience), rather than a contest entry. But that is OK 'cause I learned quite a good bit this afternoon about resizing, etc. Thanks !!

Latest threads

Top Bottom