CAFE CHALLENGE #3 RESULTS

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by F15Todd, Mar 7, 2005.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Gordon and I want to thank everyone the submitted a picture and to all the voters. It was fun for both of us to host Cafe Challenge #3 and look forward to the next in what we hope will be a long line of Challenges to come.

WINNER

First Place:
    Daodang with 34 points

Second Place:
    Bobbie Joe with 31 points

Third Place:
    Bendheim with 15 points

Daodang gets to host the next Cafe Challenge. Look forward to seeing you all there.

Thanks,
    Todd and Gordon

2. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Congratulations to Daodang and Yves!! Well done to both of you.

Also want to offer my sincere thanks to Todd and Gordon for doing such a terrific job on running this challenge. Thanks guys.

I also want to thank the couple of people who voted for my pic - your check is in the mail. ;) This was the first competition I've ever entered, but I'll be back for more punishment in the future. :D

Neil

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Congrat's Dao!!

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Congratulations Dao, your photo was superb, as was the entire butterfly series you did.

And thank you to Todd and Gordon - I had a blast with this subject, and I'm anxiously awaiting the next contest.

Hip-hip-hooray!

5. Congratulations to Dao and Yves, and a special thanks to Todd and Gordon for running a great contest! Because of your efforts, participation, both in terms of entries and voters, doubled over the prior Cafe Challenge. Well done!

6. Congratulations to all concerned.

I think this is a great concept.

7. Congratz 2 All !!!

Wonderful images and congratulations to all!

Dao, amazing photo, well done :!:
    Yves, close but still perfect :!:

Gee, that was a Canadian battle :wink:

Admins, thanks and keep it moving :wink:

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Did I miss something.

1st
    2nd
    3rd
    place...Where is 3rd place.

Anyway I did not vote. BECAUES THERe WERE TO MANY GOOD ONES.

So congrats to all of you that entered the great images.

Cheers
    Gale

9. Warm congradulations Dao

You had quite an image my friend. I went yesterday to the Butterflies Free and I had a Ball as well. I shall pollute the cafe with pictures soon.

Make us proud Dao, make us work for our money ...

Ton ami Yves ...

10. Thank to all the submitters, voters and viewers who contributed to make this challenge a good and fun one.

I would like also to sincerely thank Todd and Gordon for creating this contest and doing a great job on running it.

Now let go for the next challenge.

11. Congrats Yves & Dao!! Look forward to the next challenge :D

12. MUSINGS ON CHALLENGE #3

Hey you've all been a great group to work with and I really appreciate all the entries and votes. I know that some had difficulty narrowing it down to three but I personally think that is better than spreading a few votes over all (or nearly all) the entries. I mean how hard can it be to just make a decision (come on Gale you can do it). Voting is subjective at best and I don't think any of us feel bad when someone doesn't vote for our image. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we all bring different things and experiences to the table. As it relates to this contest, I think we can all learn something about composition by looking at the winners. Congratulation to Dao, Yves, and Bendheim.

Thanks again for allowing Todd and I to be the administrators.

13. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Sorry, I left third place off. I have edit the first post to give credit to bendheim's wonderful city shot in third place.