CAFE CHALLENGE #3 TOPIC THREAD

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by F15Todd, Feb 23, 2005.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Gordon and I have come up with Café Challenge #3 topic. Beauty they say is in the eye of the beholder and that is the way it will be with the next Nikon Café Challenge. The theme will be BEST COMPOSITION, leaving the subject matter open. What will be important is the way you have chosen to crop and display your image. Obviously, the technical and artistic quality of your image will play an important role in the voting, as it should. The interpretation of what constitutes best composition is a subject left to the photographer and the voter. It should be interesting to see where the two come together.

We will stick with the rule that each artist can only enter one picture, but you can edit your entry post and change the picture at any time up to the cutoff date. Pictures entered should also be ones taken specifically for this contest.

We will open the CAFÉ CHALLENGE #3 SUBMISSION THREAD for seven days.
    Entries can be posted starting Friday 25-Feb at 0001 EST
    Entries post will close Thursday 3-Mar at midnight EST

We are going to simplify the voting procedures for this challenge. Each person will have five points to handout. This will be done by picking your top three images. First place will be awarded 3 points, second place will be awarded 2 points and 1 point for your third place vote.

Get ready to post and have fun.

2. One point of clarification: Images can not be entered that were taken before 2/23/05 or after 3/3/05.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice contest, but that adds up to six, not five.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Chris, you are *so* darned picky.... :lol: :lol:

5. I should probably take credit (blame) for that mistake. My old slide rule is not what it used to be. OK Chris it's 6 points. :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: Basically I just wanted to see if you were still awake.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey guys, we'll give you a pass this time.... :wink:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    'sok, I voted 23 points last time and Uncle Frank had to call me on it. You can use a slide rule? Dude - we are relics!

8. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Contest

I'll submit some imagery during this time :D . Is there a photo limit like three per person?

Todd

9. Re: Contest

1 per person ...

10. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Sorry about that. Must be time to change the batteries in the Texas Instruments.

11. Well, according to my Canon scientific calculator, it adds OK !!!!

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

12. Yeah, that's simple. I can't wait until you guys try to total up the votes :?