Cafe Challenge #3 - VOTING THREAD

The voting booth is open effective 0001 EST on Friday, March 4, 2005. Todd and I have enjoyed managing this competition and now hope that all members and visitors to the Nikon Cafe will cast their votes for the excellent entries. The cutoff for voting will be Sunday at midnight EST on March 6, 2005, with the winner to be announced on Monday, March 7, 2005. Voting and vote talley will be conducted as follows:

1. Anyone can vote but may only vote one time. If a voter has an entry, they may not vote for their own image.

2. Each person that votes will have 6 points to be awarded. Voters will vote for their top three choices only, by awarding 3 points for first place, 2 points for second place, and 1 point for third place

3. When voting it should be kept in mind that the theme for this challenge is BEST COMPOSITION. It is recognized that technical excellence and artistic beauty may play a role in the voting but in the end the image with the best composition (whatever you feel that is) should receive your first place vote.

4. Be sure to identify your first through third place finishers by including their name and title of their image (if shown).

5. In the event of a tie the contest administrators (greyflash and F15Todd) will decide who the ultimate winner is. If a contest administrator has an entry that is tied for 1st place, he must excuse himself from this decision and the second adminsitrator will make an independent judgement on the winner of the challenge contest.

Good luck to all contestants. The winner of this competition will have the privelege of selecting the next Challenge #4 Theme and managing the competition.

I'll kick it off I guess:

1. daodang 3pts

2. Chris101 - Light Sake 2pts

3. PhotoDawg - Turtle Turtle 1pt. (Would actually like to split this as 1/2 point each for PD and for Gordon's Violin Concerto, but, in a major surprise, I'll stick to the rules) :)

Best of luck to all, and remember my offer of bribery is still open.

Neil

A

AirBete

My votes:

3pts: daodang
2pts: bendheim
1pt: Boobie Joe

AB.

My Votes ...

1- Joe Lorenzini (3 pts)
2- Dao Dang (2 pts)
3- AirBete (1 pt)

Honnorable mention to Chris101.

Everybody worked very well and we had a slightly higher participation rate this is good news.

It wasn't easy to decide on the awards because the subjects were so greatly different, and the quality
was so high. My compliments to all participants!

#1: Boobie Joe - 3 points
#2: Greyflash - 2 points
#3: Air Bete - 1 point

Real Name
Chris
3 points for Gordon's "Violin Concerto",
2 points for Yves' duck and
1 point for Dao's butterflies.

The rest were also great, and I'd give honorable mention to Joe's flag and sky, Uncle Frank's flower and the eye's through the helmet of Neil's race car.

1. 3 pts for Dao Dang's butterflies
2. 2 pts for Peter Bendheim's Durban skyscape
3. 1 pt for Todd's (D1X) tree

My next favorites (not enough points to spread around here...) are Yves' duck and Neil's racing car.

1. 3 points for UncleFrank's Simple Daisy
2. 2 points for Dao Dang's butterflies
3. 1 point for Yves duck

Great photo submitted by everyone!

Latest threads

Top Bottom