CAFE CHALLENGE #4 VOTING THREAD

Challenge #4 is now close and the voting is open effective Wednesday 16-mar at 00:01 EST.

I have enjoyed managing this challenge and hope that all members and visitors to the Nikon Cafe will vote for the excellent entries. The cutoff for voting will be at midnight EST on Saturday 19-Mar 2005 (4 days voting period). The winner to be announced on Sunday 20-Mar 2005. Voting rules are the same as Challenge #3 which means:

1. Anybody can vote but may only vote one time. If a voter has an entry, they may not vote for their own image.

2. Each person that votes will have 6 points to be awarded. Voters will vote for their top three choices only, by awarding 3 points for first place, 2 points for second place, and 1 point for third place

3. When voting it should be kept in mind that the theme for this challenge is FEELING BEST GENERATOR. It is recognized that technical excellence and artistic beauty may play a role in the voting but in the end the image that generates the strongest feeling to you will receive your first place vote.

4. Be sure to identify your first through third place finishers by including their name and title of their image (if shown) and the numbers of points awarded

5. In the event of a tie in the contest, the administrator will decide who the ultimate winner is. To preserve an independent judgment for a possible tie, I have decided not to participate to the voting.

All my best wishes to all contestants. The winner of this competition will have the privilege of selecting the next Challenge #5 Theme and managing the competition.

Note to Gordon: I'm sorry not asking for your permission before doing a cut and paste of the voting rules from your post. They are so clearly written that I can't help myself. Shame on me.

3-points for my first place vote to JOE_LORENZINI for BASEBALL GIRL :!: :!: :!:
2-points for my second place vote to BENDHEIM for TATTOO GUY :!: :!:
1-point for my third place vote to BOBBIE JOE for A SAD MOMENT... :!:

Oh geez, this one is really, REALLY tough. I found the subject too tough to come up with an image I was willing to submit within the time frame. Now seeing the entries, I'm sure even if I had it would have garnered zero votes - the standard is just too high! After much debate with myself, here's my votes:

Peter Bendheim - Dave 3 points - the guy scares the living fishstock outta me.

Boobie Joe - A Sad Moment 2 points - I don't think any of us want to see Arianne sad, we feel we've watched her growing up.
Chris101 - Did I Go too Far? 1 point - Not sure why, but the image does have a distinct emotional effect on me. The gun disturbs me and the woman is hot (that's an emotion, right?)

Honorable mentions to everyone else, particularly StuSimmo for his Cave Wetas which also scare processed meat products outta me and for Panos and his pup which just makes me go, "Aawwwwwwwww".

Votes

Peter Bendheim - 3 Points, very good image, excellent visual impact
Boobie Joe - 2 points, seems very sad
Greyflash - 1 point, emotional

A very hard theme and some very good images by all

:D

My votes

There are very little images but they are all very nice and well chosen.

Chosing is tough but I have my favorite images

My votes:

Greyflash 3 points Totally emotion, totally felt
Nemesis 2 points Evokes violence and hurting, something I am sensible
Pbendheim 1 point for the incredible looking man with an impressive look

Honorable mention:

Joe for the baseball girl
Chris101, very powerful montage and I did priviledge the pictures over the montage.
Stuart, a fantastic image I just wasn't feeling touched by it
UF, you dirty animal ... I laughed quite a bit though, classic catch.
F15 Todd, I like the image a lot, I wanted to see a more eery mood to it

Thx for Dao to provide us with some great subject matter.

OK, here are my "Generated Feelings"

3 points to Joe Lorenzini - Baseball Girl :!: :!: :!:
2 points to Boobie Joe Yves - Father and Daughter :!: :!:
1 points to greyflash Gordon - Operatic Climax :!:

A great subject (thanks Dao) with even greatest photos, thanks to all :D

My votes

3 points: Grayflash (Operatic Climax)
2 points: bendheim (Tatoo guy)
1 point: Panos (Can I go play now?)

Wow, that was hard to choose...

Excellent topic and good submission that went along with it. My voting is as follows:

3 pts. - Yves for the obvious feeling of sadness
2 pts. - Bendheim for the feeling of intimadation
1 pt. - Chris for the feelings of chaos

Honorable mention: Nemisis for Family Madness; Mike for Scared

Each of the submissions were special in there own way and I had to look at them with the thought of which image created the most emotion in me and to ignore what I thought the photographer felt. Congratulations to all that submitted images for this competion, well done.

N

Nemesis

Here are my votes

Tough to choose... there's many good shots!

However, got to pick 3, and my votes are based on emotion

Boobie Joe: 3 points: for the sadness in the eyes of your daughter!!! :) :) :)
Greyflash: 2 points: not the best technically, but a ton of emotion there
:) :)
Bendheim: 1 point: terrific shot! :)

Joe and his little baseball girl catched my attention too (but unfortunately, I had to choose only 3 and it was hard!!!!)

Keep up your good work everybody!!!

Was a great challenge!!!

PS: If I hurted anyone's feelings with my (maybe too much violent) shot, I'll remove it...

First of all, Great work everyone! Now down to business....

3pts to Yves for the wonderful capture---I'm a mom so i feel her pain.

2pts to Bendheim---SCARY!!!

1pt to PhotoDawg---kind of makes me want to say the pledge myself!

Tough choices...

What a great collection of entries! My votes are for

Peter Bendheim's amazing/frightening portrait: 3 points
I don't know how you had the nerve to ask him to pose, or managed to hold the camera steady. This fellow could kill with a glance.

Boobie Joe's haunting portrait: 2 points
A touching blend of innocent sadness and fatherly empathy. I couldn't expect more from you, Yves, and wouldn't have settled for less :).

Joe Lorenzi's toucning portrait: 1 point
A very strong composition! If it had been a little better technically, it would have been my first choice. I watched/coached
a lot of kid's baseball when my children were growing up. They put the littlest and least coordinated kids in the outfield at
the beginner level, and their emotions ran between boredom and terror that a ball might be hit to them. This little darling
was steadfast in handling her assignment, and it's a wonderful capture.

I'm sorry I didn't have more points to award. Mike Mac's wof is amazing, Gordon's conductor is wonderfully expressive and technically
excellent, and Chris's montage is the most complex and interesting composition in the contest. A pink gun???

Wow, some great entries

Seems like everyone really gave of their best; it was very hard to choose.

3 points to Chris - I just loved his entry; it was outrageous and courageous; and just the sort of thing one might find at some trendy gallery. It had humour, scariness, graphic appeal and style, and one had to look at it several times and think about it - which to me, is a hallmark of an artistic work.

2 points to Mike Mac - This is a scary, and well executed shot. Not exactly your common or garden Benji, I have to say. I guess he or she can sleep wherever they choose to. It's a powerful image.

1 point to Gordon - Gordon's shot was heart warming, emotionally stirring and really a lovely candid moment, captured forever. It's a real feel good image.

All the shots were great, and Dao, it was a real fun topic. Thanks

Very good images from everyone. I think what influenced my voting is remembering my children when they were little.

3 Pt's to Joe_Lorenzini I can remember that look in my children's eyes when they were in little league and feeling completely helpless in the outfield.

2 points for Boobie Joe Sad children just break my heart.

1 pt to Panos How can you not love that puppy.

Gil

Latest threads

Top Bottom