CAFE CHALLENGE #5 Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Challenge and Contests Forum' started by Boobie Joe, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Hello everyone, I would like to welcome you to the Challenge #5 thread.

My initial thoughts was to pick up something very accessible to everyone because I would like to see a challenge with many entries and a great variety like the last one.

Ther next Topic will make you look even deeper to your photography. It will require for you to look at the subject from another perspective and from a different angle but yet, will not require any special equipment other than the one you are using daily, no fancy lenses or expensive DSLR body, just a good photographic eye and a bit of technique.

The topic is:

ABSTRACT

Let your imagination lead you to new dimensions, look at your subject from a different POV, change it into something completely different, have a ball creating a different image

The Rules are very simple:

1- Each participant will be allowed to post one image for the challenge

2- You can replace your image during the challenge posting period as many times as you want

3- Challenge period for posting will be from: March 22 2005 0:01 EST until April 9th 2005 23:00 EST

4- You can post an image taken between March 19h 2005 and April 9th 2005 at 23:00 h. EST

5- Exif Data will be required to validate the picture date

6- Digital darkroom is allowed although it MUST NOT DENATURE the picture to a point that it becomes a work of photoshop more than a picture

7- The voting procedure will be the same as in challenge #4. Each voter will have six points to hand out to top three pictures: 3 points for the first place, 2 points for the second and 1 point for the third. Voting period will start as soon as the posting period is over on April 9th and will last 4 days until April 13th 2005 at 23:59h. EST. The winner will be announced the next day ...

8- The subject matter and the choice of format (color or B&W) are left open. Although, to keep this challenge serene and enjoyable, I would like to call for each submitter good will to avoid posting too controversial or too offending images. (Stole this one from Dao ... :lol: )

People, go take your camera and have fun shooting for a new challenge have started ...

If you see any controversial rule, please PM me ...

Thx ...

2. Looks like a good topic Yves, I will have to get my thinking cap on to come up with an image.

3. Hi Yves, very well chosen topic giving freedom to create but a tough one for the mind.

4. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    How funny, I did a shoot on 22 March where, due to circumstances beyond my control (or as it's sometimes known, the f*(^ing weather!!), I took a ton of images that might qualify. Wooo hooo, count me in. :D

Or to put it another way - great topic Yves.

Neil

5. No fair, I haven't been able to shoot within the given time frame! :(

Oh well, I find something to shoot around the house then...hehe.

6. Yves,

This is going to be tough......but that is just what it is.....a Challenge. Looking forward to it!! :) :) :) :)

7. Hey J, you got until apr 7th ...

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wow. The images posted so far are nothing less then AMAZING![/i] Y'all are great!

9. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;